We know it’s felt like a tough year for our great outdoors, with many challenges to clean water, our greening economy, and public health in our state. But when we look at what we’ve accomplished and what we’ve defended in 2017, we find we have so many people and things to be thankful for!
- We’re thankful for the hundreds of Minnesotans who showed up to the Capitol on Water Action Day in April to tell our lawmakers to protect our water!
- We’re thankful for young activists working tirelessly for environmental justice – like the 13 Youth Climate Intervenors making a stand for the climate in the face of the proposed Line 3 oil pipeline.
- We’re thankful for the incredible growth in clean energy – and the many jobs it brings – in Minnesota. Our state is stepping up and showing national leadership on wind, solar, and energy efficiency, helping us work toward ever more ambitious climate goals.
- We’re thankful for our member organizations, old and new, who have made tremendous efforts this year to keep Minnesota clean, and to keep building a strong, inclusive, diverse coalition of environmental groups.
And most of all, we thank you, our subscribers, donors, action-takers and supporters!
- We are grateful for everyone who donated on Give to the Max Day. You helped raise $6,500 in just 24 hours! Contributions help MEP support the work of environmental organizations across the state as we work to protect clean water, clean air, and pollinators!
- We are grateful for the many thousands of contacts you made with your elected officials on behalf of Minnesota’s great outdoors this year! Your voices helped advance some important measures and put pressure on lawmakers to defeat many proposals that would have harmed our state’s land and water.
- We are grateful to all those who help us share our message on social media, email, and in calls and meetings with your lawmakers – thank you for spreading the word on Minnesota’s great outdoors!
We couldn’t do it without you. From all of us at the Minnesota Environmental Partnership, thank you for helping to keep Minnesota beautiful, clean, and safe!