As a 501c(3) nonprofit organization, the Minnesota Environmental Partnership does not engage in political campaigning, but we do strongly believe that all Minnesotans should make their voices heard, and all eligible voters should participate in our electoral process. Minnesota has a proud tradition of high voter turnout, and maintaining and expanding that legacy is critical to building an environmentally just future.
How to Vote:
You can register online or by mail in Minnesota at any point before or on Election Day. You are eligible to vote as long as you are a U.S. citizen, will be at least 18 years old by the next Election Day, have lived in Minnesota for at least 20 days, and are finished with all parts of any felony sentence if applicable.
You can also register to vote at your polling place on Election Day. This year’s general election in Minnesota will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018. But if you can’t or prefer not to vote in person on election day, you can also vote early by mail or in person for any reason, starting September 21.
The local candidates you will be able to vote for may vary by area (check your sample ballot) but every Minnesotan will have the opportunity in 2018 to choose candidates for:
- Both United States Senators
- U.S. Representative (Congress)
- State Representative
- Governor and Lieutenant Governor
- Secretary of State
- State Auditor
- Attorney General
- Four seats of the Minnesota Supreme Court
Forums and Events
Many nonpartisan organizations will be hosting forums and informational sessions leading up to Election Day. If you have a nonpartisan event to add to this list, please contact Matt Doll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duluth News Tribune/Duluth Chamber of Commerce Senatorial Forum
10:00 AM, September 19
The Depot, Duluth
- Duluth News Tribune/Duluth Chamber of Commerce 8th Congressional District Forum
10:00 AM, September 26
The Depot, Duluth
Past forum videos:
- Farmfest U.S. Senate Candidates Forum, August 7, 2018
- Farmfest Gubernatorial Candidates Forum, August 8, 2018
- TPT Almanac Gubernatorial Debate, August 17, 2018
- TwinWest Chamber of Commerce Congressional District 3 Debate, August 21, 2018
- MPR News Senatorial Debate, August 24, 2018
- Homes for All Lieutenant Governor Candidate Forum, September 12, 2018
- TwinWest Chamber of Commerce Gubernatorial Debate, September 19, 2018