Today’s topics: Birds, Development, Education, Energy, Funding, Great Lakes, Non-Native Invasive Species, Review, State Park, and Water.
- Alexandria Echo Press: Where have all the songbirds gone?
(MEP member group Audubon Minnesota is featured)
- Mankato Free Press: Birders gear up for day on river
(MEP member group Audubon Minnesota is mentioned)
- Alexandria Echo Press: Pelicans listed as ‘special concern species’
- Star Tribune: Sierra Club cites ‘impaired waters’ list in bridge dispute
(Sierra Club is a MEP member)
- Alexandria Echo Press Opinion: Officials must be good stewards
- Rosemount Town Pages: Residents can help shape ‘U’ land’s future
Fargo Forum: Environment as classroom set to expand
- Mesabi Daily News: Biomass coming, but where’s it going?
(MEP member group Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy is quoted)
- Fargo Forum: Local couple taking steps to shrink carbon footprint
- New Ulm Journal: Power lines proposed
- Outdoor News: Dedicated funding not part of special session
(MEP member group Minnesota Conservation Federation is quoted)
- Pioneer Press (Associated Press): NASA joins team to track algae blooms
Non-Native Invasive Species
- Fairmont Sentinel: Insect devastating ash trees
- Timberjay Newspapers: Orr meeting to take comment on lab EAW
- Star Tribune: Money will help fix damaged park
- KARE: State: More lakes, streams could be polluted
- Morrison County Record: Lake Alexander residents paying to treat watermilfoil
From the web
- Great Lakes Blogger: Is UP’s future destructive sulfide mining?