Today’s topics: Agriculture, Diversity, Energy, Health, Mining, Transit, Water, and Wetlands.
- Marshall Independent: Board OKs 2 turkey farm expansion projects in county
- Minnesota Public Radio: Midmorning: Diversity in the outdoors
- City Pages: Sucked Dry
(MEP member groups Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy and Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy are quoted)
- Pioneer Press Editorial: Steamy plot, happy ending
- Grand Forks Herald: Grass seed co-op drives grassroots biofuel industry
- Cook County News Herald: CFL bulbs — right idea to save energy
- Lake County News Chronicle Editorial: Find the mesothelioma link
- Duluth News Tribune: Metals deposit near Ely shows promise
- Hastings Star Gazette: Red Rock study results likely to push back rail
- Duluth News Tribune Opinion: Two acres and a dream for art and environment
(The author is with MEP member group Sweetwater Alliance)
- Albert Lea Tribune: Why is Fountain Lake green?
- Albert Lea Tribune Opinion: Have you checked your septic system lately?
- Mankato Free Press: Four gravel mines approved
- Rochester Post Bulletin: Project improves water at Quarry Hill
- Rochester Post Bulletin: Burns at Silver Lake will rid shores of unwanted plants
- Star Tribune: Lobby weakens U.S. rules protecting some wetlands