Today’s topics: MEP member news, Development, Energy, Food, Great Lakes, Off-Highway Vehicles, Transportation and Water.
- WCCO Radio: Garlic Festival (audio link)
(This weekend’s Garlic Festival is sponsored by member group Sustainable Farming Association of Minnesota)
- Woodbury Bulletin: Planning with the environment in mind
(Member group Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy is featured)
- Duluth News Tribune: Lakewood Township land-use rules cause a stir
- Rochester Post Bulletin Opinion: ‘Green’ building sets standard for efficiency
- St. Cloud Times Letter: Bachmann sided with polluters on key issue
(The author is with MEP member group U.S. Public Interest Research Group)
- AgriNews: DNR has keen interest in biofuels production from grass
- AgriNews: Biomass development takes center stage
- Pioneer Press (New York Times): Upper Midwest / Great Lakes below normal levels
- Duluth News Tribune: Agency issues bacteria warning for Canal Park beach
- Marshall Independent: ATV park could be in Yellow Medicine County’s future
- Star Tribune: Feds announce $133 million transportation grant for Twin Cities
- South Washington County Bulletin: Northstar rail should help predict Red Rock ridership
- WCCO: Good Question: Will Rains Raise Lake Levels?
- Star Tribune: Jacobs plunges into bottled water
- Rochester Post Bulletin: Silver Lake pollution project edges forward
- Rochester Post Bulletin: Mississippi River backwater is site for island restoration
- Albert Lea Tribune: Shell Rock septic notices mailed out
- St. Cloud Times: Landowner to restore shoreline
- AgriNews: How much water does it take to produce ethanol?