Today’s topics: Agriculture, Development, Energy, Great Lakes, Transportation, and Water.
- West Central Tribune: EAW available on Revier Feedlot expansion
- Pioneer Press: Lilydale / Board backs sale of open land
- Mankato Free Press Editorial: Greater Minnesota growing, too
- St. Cloud Times: Native plants: Are they an eyesore or just good sense?
- Pioneer Press Opinion: More ethanol, more corn, more nitrogen – and bigger dead zone in the gulf
(The author is with MEP member group Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy)
- Star Tribune Editorial: Protect a local stake in the biofuels boom
- Associated Press: Cutting CO2 emissions won’t be quick or cheap, execs say
- Associated Press: Companies interested in Basin Electric carbon initiative
- Marshall Independent: SWCDs to feature conference about energy from native grass
- New Ulm Journal Editorial: We can’t just stop burning coal
- West Central Tribune: Board approves 17 conditions for pellet plant permit
- Duluth News Tribune Opinion: Federal solution to ballast water problem would serve industry and environment
- Minnesota Public Radio: State moving too quickly on bridge replacement, some pols say
- Star Tribune: Feud forming over function of new bridge
- Star Tribune Opinion: For some, the only time to raise taxes is never
- Associated Press: New bridge will come fast, but will it be the right bridge?
- Albert Lea Tribune Editorial: Carol Molnau needs to resign
- Hutchinson Leader: Warmer water temperature changes Minnesota lakes
- St. Cloud Times Opinion: We all can help curb algae problem
- Timberjay Newspaper: Come learn about plans to do infrared survey of Lake Vermilion