Title: Executive Director of the Leech Lake Area Watershed Foundation
Classification: Full-time or Part-Time – Exempt
Qualifications: Minimum: BA/BS. Project Management, Supervisory experience. Preferred: MS in Natural Resources Management or equivalent degree, Executive Director experience or extensive management experience
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Close Date: This posting will remain open until the ideal candidates is identified. The 1st group of applications will be reviewed on August 15, 2018, and on a weekly basis thereafter.
Job Summary: We are a successful conservation and land protection non-profit serving the four counties of Cass, Crow Wing, Aitkin, and Hubbard County in Northern Minnesota. We are looking for an Executive Director who will work with the Board of Directors to expand our organizational capacity as we work to become an Accredited Land Trust through the Land Trust Alliance. The successful candidate will be responsible for project management, oversight of the conservation projects and grants, fundraising and development efforts, and efficient and effective delivery of our Mission and goals. The Executive Director works to create strong relationships with local, regional and state agencies as well as conservation partners in lake associations and community leaders. The ideal candidate will have a passion for conservation, be an excellent manager of people and projects, work with integrity, inspire trust and be an articulate messenger for our Mission. The position may be full or part-time and there are no residency requirements. We are focused on experience and enthusiasm for this important position.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
OUTREACH: Percentage of time: 50%
- Key communicator representing our mission, brand, and goals
- Identifies and leads collaboration with key conservation partner agencies and organizations
- Leads the fundraising efforts for operational funds by developing an annual fundraising plan, soliciting donors, creating strong communication plans and tools, and researching grant opportunities
- Oversees/completes grant application processes and requirements, executes grant-funded programs, submits require reports and invoices.
- Expands outreach and exposure to lake associations, county government, membership and public at large,
- Supports the Board of Directors in executing the Strategic Plan
CONSERVATION: Percentage of time: 25%
- Works with the Conservation Committee and consultants to identify and secure land acquisitions
- Leads the effort for the Application for Accreditation to become an accredited Land Trust and ensures all LTA Standards and Practices are followed
MANAGEMENT: Percentage of time: 25%
- Ensures that systems are in place for effective management of finances, fundraising, and programs
- Oversees all accounting, personnel and banking processes and ensures all IRS, state and federal financial reports and audits are complete and submitted on time
- Ensures the Board and staff compliance with internal policies, procedures, legal requirements, financial standards
- Manages all staff and consultant contracts
Applicants are encouraged to submit their letter of interest, resume, and contact information as soon as possible to LLAWF, PO Box 124, Walker, MN 56484 OR firstname.lastname@example.org