ABOUT MINNESOTA TROUT UNLIMITED:
Minnesota Trout Unlimited (MNTU) is a nonprofit environmental conservation organization with thousands of members and five chapters. The mission of MNTU is to conserve, protect, restore, and sustain Minnesota’s coldwater fisheries, their watersheds and groundwater sources. Guided by science and data, MNTU envisions a future when all can enjoy the benefits of robust populations of native and wild coldwater fish in Minnesota’s exceptional streams and lakes.
MNTU is seeking an Executive Assistant to work approximately 24 hours per week, assisting the Executive Director with day-to-day operations. This new position will have flexible hours and will report directly to the Executive Director. The Executive Assistant must be task-oriented, comfortable working independently, and possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organization skills. Responsibilities include basic bookkeeping, database management, and general office support. Work will primarily be done remotely but will require periodic in-person meetings and travel within the Metro area, pursuant to the needs of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general administrative support
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks, including using QuickBooks, invoicing, running financial reports, and assisting with annual audits
- Manage mail and email communications
- Organize and maintain files, documents, and reports
- Assist with donor communications, including appeals and thank you letters
- Manage donor and membership databases, including SalesForce
- Assist with newsletter distribution
- Preparation and distribution of Board of Directors meeting materials
- Coordinate website updates
- Travel within the SW Metro area to MNTU’s P.O. box in Chanhassen, storage unit in St. Louis Park, and meetings at or near the Executive Director’s home office in Eden Prairie
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the Executive Director
- Minimum two years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience performing bookkeeping
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Positive attitude
- Access to a motor vehicle
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization
- Bachelors or associates degree
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Proficiency with SalesForce software
- Proficiency with Mailchimp
- Experience with basic website management
- Interest in and commitment to MNTU’s mission
$25.00 per hour based upon experience; approximately 24 hours per week.
Send a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three professional references to John Lenczewski at email@example.com Please list “Executive assistant” in the subject line of your email. Review of applicants will begin October 30, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
MNTU is an equal opportunity employer.