About Tom Steyer 2020
Tom Steyer 2020 aims to run an inclusive presidential campaign. We practice the core progressive values of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) via our hiring practices, and we welcome candidates of diverse backgrounds – including people of color, women, LGBTQi, differently-abled, the formerly incarcerated, and those with a non-traditional education to apply. We endeavor to hire a qualified group of campaign staff that truly reflects the American electorate. Tom Steyer believes that a commitment to DEI is essential to American success.
A Community Organizer is responsible for the community engagement, recruitment of volunteers, and executing the statewide organizing program. The Community Organizer reports to their State Director. The ideal candidate is dynamic and organized, with the ability to work effectively both with the team and autonomously on various projects.
This person will:
- Recruit volunteers and building those relationships so they can assist you in making phone calls, texting campaigns, and other field activities.
- Coordinate with Tom Steyer supporters to create house parties and community events to build awareness on Tom and the campaign.
- Maintain a daily tracking of activity that may include, but is not limited to, 1:1 meetings with volunteers, attendees of house parties and community events, and phone calls made.
- Work with the digital team in identifying stories from the field of supporters the campaign will want to amplify.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Tact and professionalism in handling assignments involving work of a confidential nature.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to communicate with others effectively.
- Ability to re-prioritize and proven ability to succeed in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience working on a campaign or at a political organization as a volunteer or intern.
Tom Steyer 2020 is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, military service, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.
Apply Here: https://grnh.se/7d9e39ad2