Location: Fargo, ND
At Houston Engineering Inc. (HEI) we are scientists, engineers, GIS specialists, programmers, and surveyors providing innovative and practical leading-edge water quality solutions to public, private and non-profit clients. Our work is conducted from multiple office locations throughout the Midwest, but our reach goes well beyond. We pride ourselves on our commitment to meeting client needs and our innovative environmental solutions. Our unique perspectives on joining web technology with engineering science has made us a leader in the development of climate and environmental decision support systems.
Our Fargo, ND office has an immediate opening for a Watershed Planner specializing in completing watershed management plans, composing water quality and Total Maximum Daily Load studies, developing Watershed Restoration Action Plans (WRAPs), receiving and analyzing water modeling results, and using GIS methods and applications in water resources management and water quality analyses. We are seeking an individual capable of interacting with our clients on a daily basis to manage their projects and deliver creative solutions. We offer an entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible work environment which allows you to pursue your creative vision in a supportive, relaxed, and professional setting.
- Lead watershed plan development efforts (e.g., One Watershed One Plan; Watershed District Management Plans);
- Facilitate and guide the development of watershed management plans working with large and diverse stakeholder groups, comprised of local government officials, local government water staff, citizens and state and federal agency staff;
- Conceptualize, develop and execute nonpoint source implementation strategies for Best Management Practices (BMPs) and Conservation Practices (CPs) in a rural setting;
- Develop and implement methods to prioritize, target and estimate the effectiveness of BMPs and CPs for achieving water quality and resource goals;
- Develop and describe innovative means and methods for establishing and achieving goals for improving surface water quality, ground water quality and quantity, and related benefits when implementing BMPs and CPs ;
- Develop and describe innovative means and methods for quantifying the benefits of BMPs and CPs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state and federal policy related to water quality, watershed management, and the Clean Water Act, including the development and implementation of One Watershed, One Plan, nutrient management strategies, Total Maximum Daily Loads, and agriculture sustainability and conservation efforts;
- Conceptualize and develop grant applications and execute work aimed at improving ground and surface water quality; and
- Be part of a team responsible for expanding HEI’s watershed planning and water quality services client base.
A preferred candidate for this position will have a Master’s degree in an appropriate scientific discipline (aquatic or terrestrial biology, ecology, limnology, natural resources management, soils, or zoology) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. The individual must be able to demonstrate experience working at the local level with large groups to successfully lead the development of watershed plans and implement BMPs and CPs. Excellent communication skills and the ability to organize, coordinate and conduct meetings is a must. A demonstrated understanding of the application of Geographic Information System technology to solve water quality and water resource problems is required.
BENEFITS OF JOINING HEI
As part of our talented staff, you will enjoy competitive pay, annual bonuses, paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, PTO, paid holidays, generous 401(k) and profit sharing plans with potential company contributions totaling up to 15% of annual salary.
Come join our team and see why HEI has been selected as one of Prairie Business Magazine 50 best places to work in the northern Great Plains for several years in a row!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To apply, go to: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=he275