Water Resources Program Analyst
Position Title: Water Resources Program Analyst
Carver County is accepting applications for a Water Resources Program Analyst in our innovative and growing Planning & Water Management Dept. The Water Resource Program Analyst develops and implements programs related to the Carver County (CCWMO) Water Management Plan, the County Comprehensive Plan and the MN Wetland Conservation Act (WCA). Program areas of focus are the CCWMO stormwater regulations, flood plain, shore land, wetland conservation act (WCA) requirements, and MN state MS4 storm water requirements. Other program areas could include water quality BMP monitoring, cost share project tracking and monitoring, and assistance in capital improvement projects. Incumbent develops working relationships with internal and external partners, conducts detailed review of permit applications, conducts research and modeling, analyzes and interprets data, conducts field inspections, recommends actions and generates reports and findings to the County Board, Water Advisory Committee, Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, applicants and related audiences.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops, implements, and enforces the County’s Water Resource Management ordinance.
• Reviews and process permit applications for development within the boundaries of the Water Management Organization.
• Works with engineers, landowners, and other local government agencies to ensure the compliance of a site with erosion and sediment control and stormwater treatment standards
• Review impacts to wetlands and represent the CCWMO in Wetland Conservation Act Technical Evaluation Panels.
• Completes investigations of non-compliance with state and local rules and regulations in relation to stormwater permits and the Minnesota Wetland Conservation Act.
• Represents the department and provides liaison activities with local, state, and other government units and the CCWMO advisory committee.
• Prepares reports, plans and special studies as it relates to the impact of development on water resources.
• Performs site inspections to determine ordinance compliance; to investigate complaints, and/or to monitor function of best management practices.
• Identifies and contributes to process improvements to make review processes more efficient and transparent to applicants
• Revises the County’s Water Resource Management ordinance to incorporate new science, incorporate changes to state and federal law, and increase flexibility for applicants
• Conducts water quality monitoring for storm water.
• Performs like or comparable duties of a similar nature as assigned.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Water Resource Management, Planning, Environmental Studies, Engineering, Geography, GIS or related field and three (3) years of relevant experience in water resource management or related field.
• Master’s Degree in Water Resource Management, Planning, Environmental Studies, Engineering, Geography, GIS or related field and one (1) year of relevant experience in water resource management or related field.
• Valid Driver’s License or evidence of equivalent mobility.
• One year of relevant experience in the program areas of storm water permitting, water quality monitoring, and/or wetland conservation act implementation.
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examinations (interviews). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interview(s), reference checks, and background investigation.
To Apply, go to the following link: Water Resources Program Analyst | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)