The Mississippi Watershed Management Organization is seeking a Water Resources and Instrumentation Specialist to join the team.
Position Description (PDF)
About the Position
The Water Resources and Instrumentation Specialist is responsible for installing, operating, and maintaining manual and automatic water monitoring equipment and instruments throughout the watershed and performing water quality monitoring field work and data storage.
- Manage the installation, operation, programming, and maintenance of monitoring equipment and instruments in the field necessary to implement the water resources monitoring program.
- Design, plan and provide documentation and schematics for all equipment and instruments associated with water resources monitoring programs.
- Perform programming, calibration, and maintenance of instrumentation and control systems both in the field and remotely.
- Manage MWMO’s real-time monitoring network instrumentation and data collection, including setting up radio networks and cellular modems.
- Participate in the management and review of continuous water quantity and quality data, including organizing data files and working with WISKI database software. Ensure that data QA/QC procedures are in place and followed.
- Perform field work related to all areas of the monitoring program including but not limited to surface water, stormwater, and BMPs.
- Conduct inspections of green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) and underground stormwater practices to support ongoing maintenance.
- Advise the Monitoring, Assessment, and Research Program Manager and other MWMO staff on the integration of monitoring equipment into new stormwater and green infrastructure project installations.
- Administer and manage projects and contracts for monitoring initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge and training in area of expertise as necessary to provide the MWMO with a high level of job performance; stay apprised of emerging and innovative water monitoring technologies and methods.
- Participate as a member of the MWMO staff team by supporting and cooperating with other staff to plan, execute, and evaluate water resources monitoring projects and initiatives by contributing ideas and providing comments.
About the MWMO
The Mississippi Watershed Management Organization works to protect and improve water quality, habitat, and natural resources in an urban watershed that drains directly into the Mississippi River.
The MWMO partners with our member communities to invest in green infrastructure that captures, cleans, and reuses stormwater. Our team monitors and tracks water quality in the watershed and conducts education and outreach to promote active environmental stewardship among residents.
The starting salary range for this position is $51,918-$65,159 annually, with a flexible schedule of 40 hours of work per week and a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Complete and submit our online MWMO Employment Application Form. Please remember to attach a resume and cover letter.
The MWMO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The MWMO does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, political ideas, or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Closing Date: December 1, 2023
Review of Applications: Week of December 4, 2023
Interviews of Candidates: Week of December 11, 2023
Anticipated Start Date: January 2023
Interview Location: MWMO Stormwater Park and Learning Center, 2522 Marshall Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55118 (map and directions)