Capitol Region Watershed District will be hiring a Full Time, Temporary Water Resource Technician in its Monitoring, Research and Maintenance Division to assist with the installation, operation and maintenance of monitoring equipment.
Position Description: The Water Resource Technician, Full Time, Temporary will assist with stormwater quality monitoring of the Capitol Region Watershed District. The individual responsibilities will include:
assist with the installation, operation and maintenance of monitoring equipment. This will include stormwater discharges at key outlets to the Mississippi River and stormwater Best Management Practices.
Accurately record and store all data collected from monitoring program. Assist with the monitoring, maintenance and inspections of the District stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs). During the field season, the majority of the technician’s time will be spent outdoors participating in field monitoring and preparing and/or delivering samples to lab. During the winter months the majority of the technician’s time will be spent on database management, data analysis and reporting.
Work Term and Hours: Work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30-4:00 with 40 hours per week. The position will be filled for the time period from approximately April 15, 2020 through October 15, 2021.
- Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent in the field of Limnology, Water Resources, Earth Science, Water Resource management, Natural Resources or related field.
- Interested in water quality monitoring and fieldwork.
- Ability to work full-time for the total period of position availability.
- Experience using Excel and MS-Office software.
- Data Management and Analysis experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work independently.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Requires frequent lifting of items weighing up to 60 pounds and walking in rough terrain.
- Job requires working in all weather conditions.
Compensation: $18.50 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience. This position includes paid time off and benefits.
Application: Send combined pdf of your cover letter, resume, and transcript to email@example.com. Title the pdf with your full name (eg. JaneDoe_Cover_Resume). Send no later than 4:00pm, February 28, 2020. Applicants must indicate the position title (Water Resource Technician, 18 month) in their cover letter.