Wild Rivers Conservancy of the St. Croix & Namekagon is recruiting a Volunteer Coordinator who will create and implement a joint volunteer program in collaboration with the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway (Riverway) our national park. Wild Rivers Conservancy is the official nonprofit partner of the Riverway. We inspire stewardship to forever ensure the rare ecological integrity of the St. Croix and Namekagon Riverway.
Volunteers play a critical role for the Conservancy and the Riverway. They help to ensure visitors and residents can experience and enjoy the vibrant and healthy ecosystem of the Riverway. Volunteers provide support for land restoration and park maintenance, education programs,
This position is responsible for creating and ultimately leading the joint volunteer program including recruiting, training, and connecting volunteers to opportunities within the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, and its watershed. This position works under the direction of the Community Engagement Manager in collaboration with the Riverway staff.
- Develop and implement a robust, joint volunteer program in collaboration with the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway
- Create and manage a volunteer database including volunteer service agreements, service hours, required training and recognition
- Establish an annual evaluation and workplan for the joint volunteer program
- Process volunteer applications and coordinate their onboarding process
- Lead on-going volunteer training opportunities
- Develop and coordinate the Conservancy’s non-paid student or non-student intern program.
- Facilitate group volunteer activities for community groups, businesses, and youth groups, in coordination with NPS Volunteer Management staff.
- Coordinate all aspects of volunteer events, like Earth Day and National Public Lands Day, including site and program logistics, volunteer projects, and event-day volunteers.
- Develop and maintain volunteer training manuals and volunteer handbook and update as necessary.
- Maintain open communication with volunteers through e-mails, mailings, trainings, listening sessions, and meetings.
- Highly organized and able to self-manage time and assignments while managing multiple tasks and deadlines, and team oriented with the ability to work inclusively
- Experience creating systems, managing people, and working with volunteers
- Able to deal effectively and personably with diverse backgrounds, community leaders, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and coordinate volunteer related tasks
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Efficiency with MS office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google Suite and some knowledge of database and project management software
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, and able to work independently and efficiently with a minimum of supervision.
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license, and willing to work outdoors as part of planning and coordinating volunteer events.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends, as well as
The Volunteer Coordinator is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits, with a salary range of $45K to $55K. The office is based in the picturesque river town of Osceola, Wisconsin. This position will have flexible hours and will require some travel for events and activities throughout the St. Croix watershed.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Wendy Tremblay, Community Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by Friday, September 16th or until the position is filled.
The Wild Rivers Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.