Location: St. Louis Park
Salary: $60,498 – $75,623
Job Type: Full Time
Assist in the creation and implementation of engagement initiatives for the advancement of sustainability and the Climate Action Plan (CAP). Develop and administer programs, initiatives, policies, and procedures with a strong focus on making connections, sharing information and educational materials to reach program goals. Coordinate activities with other city departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support and assistance for sustainability division and CAP initiatives.
- Develop and coordinate events within the community and the city enterprise to promote CAP programs, education and participation.
- Meet with residents, businesses, community groups, and other advocacy organizations to answer questions, educate and share information.
- Assist with preparation of reports, meetings, events and presentations as needed.
- Work with staff to create targeted materials that will engage and educate different stakeholders on services and activities. Assist with preparation of print materials, videos, social media campaigns, and surveys.
- Work with staff to identify and build connections with underrepresented populations.
- Identify opportunities and assist in applying for grants, funds, or other related support programs or initiatives.
- Assist with administration of GreenStep Cities, benchmarking and other public-facing programs.
2. Provide administrative support with data and documentation.
- Assist with the administrative needs of the sustainability division including research, analysis, reporting, performance measurement, data documentation, presentations, and correspondence.
- Assist with development of data systems and ongoing data entry and tracking.
- Develop and maintain records and information for programs.
- Implement surveys as needed to support sustainability and the CAP and examine barriers to the programs and initiatives.
- Develop tools to evaluate effectiveness of related outreach and education programs.
- Coordinate meetings and provide support to environment and sustainability commission.
- Coordinate educational events with community groups, residents, organizations, businesses and others.
- Create and maintain email groups and mass mailing lists for marketing and outreach initiatives.
- Attend various city/school events, make presentations, provide education/outreach, and distribute information to groups or individuals.
- Attend committee or task force meetings as assigned.
- Keep supervisor informed and make recommendations on critical issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Assist in other areas of the department or in other departments as needed on projects.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in the area of environment, sustainability or outreach.
- Proven public speaking and presentation experience.
- Ability to communicate orally, electronically, and in writing with people from all cultures and backgrounds in order to achieve the city’s strategic objectives for racial equity.
- Must be able to work independently, manage multiple tasks, be detail-oriented, meet deadlines, retain confidentiality, and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with the general public, city staff, elected officials, other agencies, school districts, vendors, contractors, and others.
- Ability to physically and mentally complete all aspects of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Environment and sustainability experience in a government role.
- Outreach and education experience.
- Experience with program and event management.
This position is eligible for a competitive benefits package.