Status: full time, salaried (option for .8 time)
Reports To: Executive Director
Supervises: Interns, Volunteers
Expected Start Date: February/March 2020
Hours: Flexible. Will involve some evenings and weekends, including events, and meetings.
Salary: $41,000-$48,000 (at full time) DOQE
Benefits: Flexible schedule, remote work flexibility, health, dental, disability and life insurance, paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Contribution to IRA upon completion of probation period.
The Supporter Relations Manager is an independent and responsible professional that will manage the systems integral to maintaining and building BikeMN’s supporter base. A successful candidate will balance specific technical skills around information technology with people skills that emphasize relationship building. This person will oversee the ongoing development and maintenance of online resources, including multiple web sites, client relationship management software, action alert system, and more. This person is also responsible for managing event registration systems in advance of and during BikeMN’s events. In addition, this position entails the management and continued development of BikeMN’s membership and donor program and the managing a processing of payments. Lastly, the Supporter Relations Manager serves in a supporting administrative role for the organization. The position will report primarily to the Executive Director. The position will require regular collaboration with other staff and committees.
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY – Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota (BikeMN):
BikeMN is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit statewide organization that strives to make walking and biking a frequent means of mobility within communities throughout Minnesota. BikeMN’s Mission is to provide leadership and a unified voice for bicycle education, advocacy and efforts to make Minnesota a place where walking and biking are easy, safe, and fun for people of all backgrounds and abilities everywhere. We believe that everyone should have access to active mobility and that mobility puts human life and health first. To serve this mission, BikeMN has identified three program areas: creating a safe path with Education so that road and trail users behave safely; creating an easy path with Advocacy so Minnesota implements walk and bike friendly policies, programs and infrastructure at all levels; creating a fun path with Community Engagement so that communities, businesses, and higher education institutions are walk and bike friendly.
- Oversee the successful development and maintenance of BikeMN’s online resources, including but not limited to its web sites, client relationship management software, action alert system, and more
- Support BikeMN’s engagement efforts, including large and small events
- Management and continued development of BikeMN’s donor and membership program
- Support organization in various administrative roles and functions
Provide integral core mission support through organizational development in a variety of ways, including administrative, digital, logistical, and fundraising channels. Areas of work:
- Digital resource duties include: Management and maintenance of multiple websites and connected services; development, maintenance, and upkeep of Salesforce CRM; development, maintenance, and upkeep of Salsa Advocacy and Digital Marketing Platform; assessing needs of the organization to implement other services;
- Donor and membership duties include: Management and development of small donor/membership program, including administration, promotion, recruiting and managing volunteers to help with program work, and other communications; participation on development committee; oversee business member program; coordination of end of year appeal and other membership and fundraising appeals; development and coordination of BikeMN chapter program;
- Event support duties include: Management of registration services and process, as well as day-of management of registration check-in; inventory management for event merchandise at all times (except the day of the event); volunteer recruitment, communication, and coordination; support for communications, logistics, programming, and other administrative duties related to events; coordination of point-of-entry events;
- Administrative duties include: Office and inventory/supply management; board and staff meeting support; financial administration support, finance committee participation, and USPS and mailing coordination; assistant to Executive Director; intern co-management with Program Assistant.
- A creative, collaborative work style and the ability to both take direction or work independently as the situation requires
- Two to four years of experience in development and/or database/ web administration
- Demonstrated Salesforce or relevant CRM experience
- Understanding of client perspective web development
- Organized, flexible, and goal-oriented team player
- Outstanding written & verbal skills
- Self-driven enthusiasm and an aptitude for tracking and retrieving information
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment
- Appropriate technological skills to develop and work effectively from a home office and the BikeMN office including a working knowledge of MS Office suite, Google Apps suite, and Apple computers
- Digital marketing/digital advocacy platform (i.e. Salsa Engage) proficiency
- Adobe Suite proficiency
- Asana proficiency (will train)
- Second language
- Passionate about active transportation, biking, and walking
This position has flexibility to work both from the Minneapolis headquarters and from home office under direction from supervisor. BikeMN will supply a laptop computer, software, and other supplies as needed as well as a modest stipend for phone and home internet. Employee will be expected to provide home workspace and an internet connection. Traveling regularly to BikeMN meetings in the metro area and traveling at least quarterly statewide will be required.
The BikeMN does not discriminate on the basis of: race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, or legal source of income.
How to apply:
Email cover letter, resume and up to (3) relevant work samples to Nick Mason at email@example.com. Please format files as PDF using the naming format: “Lastname-Cover, Lastname-resume, Lastname-sample1”. No phone calls please.