Are you looking for a career where you can utilize your accounting skills while also supporting an important cause? At Akiing, we’re rooted in our mission and guided by our values, which includes a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there are lots of reasons to work for Akiing.
Who We Are
Akiing, the Anishinaabe word for “the land to which the people belong”, is a regional integrated community development initiative aimed at restoring a culturally based Anishinaabe economy focused on food, energy, and value-added production. Akiing works to restore health, wellbeing, and economic opportunities for Anishinaabe people in the Great Lakes region through the promotion of education and outreach on sustainable development, pilot projects and regional collaboration on economic development, cultural events, research and policy work for tribal nations. Many functions of Akiing are shared with our sister organization Anishinaabe Agriculture Institute (AAI). AAI seeks to restore food ways, rematriate seeds, and make a new economy; one based on local food, energy and fiber.
What We Can Achieve Together
At Akiing, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding.
We’re looking for a passionate, motivated problem-solver who is knowledgeable and experienced in accounting and can thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment. If this sounds like the career for you, apply now to join Akiing!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience, non-profit experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, including v-lookups and pivot tables in Excel.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting concepts.
- Self-starter who understands the work and can self-assign and prioritize effectively.
- Adaptable, well organized, efficient, and detail oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel to on-site locations 1-2 days per week. However, other job duties can be performed remotely.
About Akiing and This Role
The Staff Accountant is a full-time position required to travel to on-site locations 1-2 days per week in the Ponsford, Minnesota area; however, other job duties can be performed remotely.
Akiing offers a salary package commensurate with skills and experience. The anticipated salary range for this position starts at $50,000 depending on experience and includes holidays and paid time off. Akiing also pays 100% of medical, dental, vision and basic life premiums for staff and their family.
To apply please complete an application at: https://akiing.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=24&source=aWQ9MjU%3D