We’re looking for someone to help us amplify our vision of a new energy system with rooftop solar power as the cornerstone.
The SUN Regional Communications Associate will assist our West Region states (Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Texas) with all aspects of communications activities in that region. You’ll be part of a strong team of fellow Regional Communications Associates. You will have a diverse set of responsibilities as part of a growing team. Your primary focus will be developing and promoting content for the organization’s solar educational and advocacy programs.
Specific tasks will include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of external communications to recruit new participants into solar co-ops, including email blasts, social media posts, and press releases for the West Region.
- Managing the communications and activity calendars for multiple state teams to provide organization and structure to their work.
- Supporting the Advocacy team in developing and deploying communications materials for fast-paced solar advocacy campaigns for the region.
- Representing the communications team with a cross-cutting department to ensure coordination between internal teams.
- Utilizing our digital asset management tool and helping the entire organization take advantage of our great digital resources.
- Writing and editing website content, including blog posts.
- Issuing press releases, pitching stories, and following up with journalists about our work.
- Working with contractors for design work and other projects as needed.
- Participating in the development of marketing materials for new solar campaigns as opportunities arise.
- Other projects as identified.
Strong candidates will:
- Have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Have experience implementing communications or marketing campaigns.
- Have proficiency with WordPress or similar content management systems.
- Be comfortable juggling multiple initiatives and working on tight deadlines.
- Be a strong storyteller.
- Have at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic, growing environment.
Exceptional candidates will:
- Have a familiarity with solar energy.
- Have experience working with/managing volunteers.
- Have experience working in fundraising/development.
- Fluency in multiple languages, Spanish preferred.
About the Organization
Solar United Neighbors is a nonprofit that organizes local communities across the United States to go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights. We’re growing fast — expanding into new states, building new partnerships, and offering new services. We have 30+ staff members working across the country (and growing each year).
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SUN is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Solar United Neighbors welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, and those with a non-traditional education.
About the Position
You’ll report to the Senior Director of Communications, and work with a committed and creative team of renewable energy leaders, policy wonks, digital marketers, and community organizers on projects with ambitious goals and national impact.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States but candidates from Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota and Texas are strongly preferred.
The salary range is $45,000 to $55,000, with a bunch of benefits, including health insurance, 403(b) retirement account, professional development, flexible work hours, and remote work options.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to Ben Delman at: Jobs@SolarUnitedNeighbors.org
Please include the title “Regional Communications Associate” in the subject line.