The Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters (Campaign) seeks to hire a Regional Campaign Organizer. The Campaign is the lead non-profit organization working to prevent sulfide-ore copper mining from being built in the watersheds of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and Voyageurs National Park. Together, with a coalition of over 300 other organizations, businesses and groups, we are leading a local, state, and national Campaign to prevent the devastation of this priceless Wilderness by sulfide-ore mining.
Regional Campaign Organizer: Duties and Responsibilities
- The Regional Campaign Organizer will report directly to the State Director and will be a key member of the Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters staff.
- The Regional Campaign Organizer will conduct outreach projects as assigned by the State Director, including but not limited to: hosting public educational events, arranging volunteer phone banks, organizing campus outreach, organizing meetings with key legislators in their home districts, participating in civic organization meetings (e.g., conservation clubs, Rotary, League of Women Voters), and other public events as assigned.
- Organize the logistics for and represent the Campaign at visibility opportunities such as Midwest Mountaineering’s Fall and Spring Expo, trade shows and expos, the Minnesota State Fair, and other community events.
- Work with senior staff, board members, and partner organizations to develop and carry out thoughtful and deliberate strategies for outreach to important constituencies, including: wilderness-edge residents and businesses, wilderness users, relevant state and national businesses, youth organizations (e.g., YMCA), and faith groups.
- Assist with maintaining organizational systems like: volunteer lists, meeting calendars, agendas, notes and goals.
- Work with the State Director to achieve outreach goals and track and manage supporters in our databases; familiarity with NGP/EveryAction/VAN is a plus.
- Work with campaign staff and board on all aspects of the overall campaign plan including local/state/federal strategic planning, communications, public outreach, and fundraising.
- This position will be located in the Twin Cities with regular travel around Minnesota and the Midwest Region.
- The Regional Campaign Organizer position is a full time salaried position with Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness, an IRS-recognized 501c3 organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills
- Experience in political campaigns, community organizing, and/or public lands or other conservation campaigns
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Team leadership skills
- Able to perform modestly-strenuous physical activities, such as lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs, walking up to ½ mile, light assembly (e.g., tables, chairs and displays)
- Ability to work independently, remotely, and with limited direct supervision
- Willingness and ability to travel, including with your own functional and safe automobile
- Passion for protecting the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and the Quetico-Superior ecosystem
- Honest, trustworthy, of high integrity, and embracing diversity
- Ambitious and self-directed; willing to work variable hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Compensation for the Regional Campaign Organizer includes a competitive wage and an excellent package of health and other employee benefits.
Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and the Quetico-Superior ecosystem. Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness and all members of the Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters are committed to equal opportunity in employment and embrace diversity. All qualified persons are invited to apply.
Please send a resume with a cover letter and 3 professional references to: email@example.com with “Organizer Application” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.