Location: Minneapolis, MN (Must be in Minnesota to qualify)
Clean Water Action is an organization of 50,000 Minnesotans working to empower people to take action to protect America’s waters, build healthy communities and to make democracy work for all of us. For 45 years Clean Water Action has succeeded in winning some of the nation’s most important environmental protections through grassroots organizing, expert policy research and political advocacy focused on holding elected officials accountable to the public. Clean Water Action is looking for enthusiastic students or recent graduates who are willing to assist with our program work from June through August 2017. This is an opportunity to explore and gain practical experience on various aspects of policy work and how it related to organizing strategies.
- Assist with creating web based content on a variety of subjects
- Provide general support of program work including research.
- Engage interested members over email, phone, and in-person and with the program team determine where best they fit in the organization
- Strategize and help develop project ideas.
- Assist with additional projects as needed.
- Interns can expect an educational and exciting experience.
Interns should posses the following qualities:
- Interest in politics, policy and the environment.
- Interest in learning about or knowledge of community organizing
- Ability to be a self starter and work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse peoples and groups.
- Eager to learn
Dates & Location
When: June-September 2018 (Specific dates negotiable)
Where: Minneapolis, MN (330 2nd Ave S- Suite 420, Minneapolis, MN 55401.)
Time commitment: 10-15 hours per week.
To apply send a resume and cover letter by e-mail with the subject line PROGRAM INTERN to Deanna White at email@example.com Application process will remain open until the position(s) is filled.