OVERVIEW: This position will serve as field staff to communicate with farmers, assist in conducting on-farm research, accomplish fieldwork related to research and various projects and provide support to accomplish CRWP’s mission and increase conservation efforts in the Cannon River Watershed.
About Cannon River Watershed Partnership (CRWP): Cannon River Watershed Partnership is an environmental non-profit based in Northfield, Minnesota. We partner with people and organizations to value, protect, and improve the Cannon River Watershed’s land and water. In order to serve the community in constructive ways, we focus on three core values: Resilience, Equity, and Engagement. CRWP envisions a community that creates and protects a watershed with healthy soils; drinkable groundwater; and clean, fishable, and swimmable rivers, lakes, and streams.
Reports to: Conservation Program Manager
Status: Non-exempt, part-time, hourly
Pay commensurate with experience: ($15.00-$18.50/hour) 20 hours/week
Position closes March 22, 2021 or as soon as a suitable hire is made.
Ideal starting date: April 1, 2021
- Assist and/or lead in convening and facilitating meetings of peer groups of farmers (ex. Soil Health groups or demonstration field days), collecting in-field data related to research projects, providing data summaries for reports and articles
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Education: Degree and/or 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of working effectively with the public, private and government sector
- Ability to connect with the farming community
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in environmental or earth science, agronomy, or related field
- Personal experience with agriculture and related activities
- Knowledge about and/or familiarity with USDA programs
- Experience in public speaking/event organizing
- Grant writing/reporting experience
- Experience in data analysis
- Experience in online and/or social media communications and/or GIS
Work is inside an office in the off-season, but indoor work can be completed in the CRWP office in Northfield, MN and/or in a home office. During the growing season much of the work performed will happen outdoors, in all conditions, walking fields, taking water samples from ditches and tile lines, as well as hosting and attending field days and other learning opportunities. A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Learn more about Cannon River Watershed Partnership at crwp.net
Apply by sending Resume and Cover Letter to Executive Director Kristi Pursell: email@example.com with the subject line “Conservation Program Assistant Application”