Reports to: Senior Chapter Representative
Duration: 10-20 hours / week for 4 months
Context: Participates in environmental community outreach activities, assists in recruitment and training volunteer leaders, and develops relationships with local community leaders.
Scope: The intern will be responsible for assisting the Sierra Club’s North Star Chapter and Sierra Club Minnesota PAC in the implementation of the Chapter’s 2018 electoral campaign plan.
- Coordinate electoral volunteer activities including phone banks, literature drops and doorknocks
- Assist with development of campaign materials, which may include earned media templates, phone scripts, and similar projects
- Provide administrative support
- Phone calls and mailings to Sierra Club members and volunteers regarding our electoral work
- Other projects, as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- A commitment to supporting progressive environmental, energy and transportation policy
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office applications required. Past experience with VAN database helpful but not required
- Prior experience with political campaigns helpful but not required
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Sierra Club employees are not eligible to participate in the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
*If you are applying for more than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the ‘Attachments’ section.