Summary of Position:
The Paralegal is responsible for providing assistance to Land Trust Staff Attorneys in order to complete conservation easements, fee title real estate transactions, and other projects. The position includes responsibility for ordering and analyzing title commitments and surveys, assisting in the resolution of title issues, and other assignments. The Paralegal works closely with the two Staff Attorneys, another Paralegal, Conservation Program Managers, and the Stewardship Director on individual projects. The Paralegal reports to the Sr. Staff Attorney. This is a full-time position located in Saint Paul, MN.
- Order and analyze title commitments and surveys, draft closing documents, draft title memos for review by Staff Attorneys, prepare for closings, and obtain final documents and title insurance policies.
- Assist as needed in legal review of conservation easements, amendments, options, purchase agreements, mortgage subordinations, access easements, utility easement confinements, board approvals, and other components of real estate transactions as directed by Staff Attorneys.
- Organize and maintain files for all title and survey documents before and after transactions are completed.
- Assist in meeting grant requirements by organizing submissions and requests for reimbursements.
- Communicate on a regular basis regarding project issues, status, timelines, and other matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree, or strong real estate experience in lieu of a formal degree, and at least 2 years’ experience as a paralegal in the area of real estate.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, ability to work with a wide variety of individuals, and desire to be part of a mission-driven conservation organization.
- Well organized, self-directed, attentive to details, and responsive to deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs and demonstrated expertise in databases and information management systems.
- Ability to work from home with support during pandemic.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience and will range from $55,000 to $75,000.
To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to Sue Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Minnesota Land Trust provides a number of benefits for regular full-time employees, including:
- 120 hours of vacation annually, growing to 160 hours after 3 years
- 10 days paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with match available
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance options for employees, with family coverage available
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance available
- Voluntary short-term and long-term disability insurance