Starting Salary Range: $80,768.18 – $96,921.82
Application review begins February 22, 2023. Learn more and apply at minnehahacreek.org/employment
Get to Know Us – Our Why:
MCWD believes that water is a central organizing element in the development of sustainable cities. We know that our lakes, streams, and wetlands have the power to underpin community identity, and grow social, environmental, and economic value. This is why we are dedicated to building a landscape of vibrant communities where nature and the built environment exist in balance and create value and enjoyment. We are pursuing a vision of A Balanced Urban Ecology through public‐private partnerships that protect and improve water, while creating a sense of place within the watershed.
How We Work Together – Our Culture:
MCWD is a leader in watershed management—it’s a place to explore your potential and to push boundaries. We know that our success is driven by talented people who want to grow, think, and create. Our culture thrives on ideas, imagination, initiative, and the power that diverse perspectives bring to our collective mission. At MCWD, we enjoy the challenge of deep, meaningful work and appreciate the power we have as a team to achieve excellence in a constantly evolving environment. Our team of 21 is growing and expects to reach 27 in the coming months. MCWD is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color.
Who You Will Work With – The Team:
You will lead a small, high performing operations team always striving for continuous improvements in routine operational processes – from human resources to finance and facilities management. Working alongside and across all departments you will help develop, improve and implement professional development programs that enhance employee engagement and cultural norms. Reporting to, and working alongside the District Administrator ,you will design, implement, and improve financial services, including the budget process and capital assets tracking.
What You Will Be Doing – The Job:
Manage and lead the District’s business operations including Human Resources, Finances, and Facilities Management.
- Develop, execute, and implement strategies for continuous improvement within the department.
- Lead and inspire a small, high-performance operations team.
- Create and implement the District’s professional development programs whether through position reclassification, leadership development, or other employee engagement programs.
- Manage and recommend improvements to the District’s budgeting process; assist across departments ensuring adequate program funding.
- Develop and implement the facility capital improvement plan, including asset tracking, ensuring adequate funding for replacements, and life cycle processes.
What You Will Bring to MCWD:
- Experience planning, implementing, and managing projects that optimize workflow processes.
- Demonstrate success managing people with an emphasis on leadership and professional development programs.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic environment; you are a critical thinking and creative problem solver with a desire to actively manage change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proficient interpersonal communications, and the ability to build consensus.
- Reliable, with a detailed and deadline-oriented work style.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years of experience in business operations management or local government administration with an emphasis on human resources, finance, and facility operations.
What We Can Offer You:
MCWD believes that taking care of its people is the right thing to do. We strive to provide an environment that supports great work, balanced with a great life, by offering:
- A commitment to maintaining competitive total compensation as a means to recruit and retain top talent to support our mission
- Employer‐paid health and dental coverage
- A collaborative and supportive culture
- Flexible hybrid work environment
- Generous number of vacation and sick days each year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Opportunities for professional development, including tuition reimbursement, professional credentialing, and continuing education through conferences and seminars