MN350 is a dynamic, volunteer-led grassroots organization building a people’s movement to demand that Minnesota take action and leadership in addressing the climate crisis in a just and sustainable way. The state organization grew out of 350.org, a global climate justice organization. *
MN350 is seeking a dedicated, passionate, talented Midwest Regional Organizer to bring together volunteers across the Midwest to fight for just solutions to the climate crisis—polices that will keep fossil fuels in the ground use while promoting racial and economic justice.
The Midwest Regional Organizer will be based out of MN350, an independent local non-profit and work in partnership with the 350.org U.S. Organizing Department to develop 350’s organizing networks in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri.
The regional organizer will use digital platforms and traditional organizing skills to support individuals and groups on leadership development, fundraising, organization development, strategic planning, campaign development and organizing coordination.
- 3+ years of experience in the nuts and bolts of organizing including recruiting,
organizing, training, and supporting volunteer-led grassroots organizations and
experience supporting the development of effective leaders.
- Experience or familiarity organizing with an orientation to movement building and broader social justice approach, including working in diverse coalitions, especially in communities of color, low-income communities, and communities impacted by climate change.
- Campaign strategy, planning, and volunteer management experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively with people from diverse racial, ethnic, class, age,
gender, and sexual orientation backgrounds.
- Ability to adapt to and juggle evolving and competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working independently as part of a remote team and
communicating over phone, Slack, and messaging programs.
- Enthusiasm and ability to travel up to 25% of your staff time including a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- Experience working on grassroots campaigns to influence decision makers.
- Experience building or leading a local activist organization, including creating effective structures, decision-making, fundraising, leadership training, and campaign development.
- Fluency in additional languages beyond English (particularly Spanish)
- Experience creating externally facing, written and/or visual content for organizing
- Familiarity or excitement to learn digital organizing skills using new strategies and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple projects and relationships.
Full time, professional position. Salary range $42,000 – $50,000 based on experience.
Health, 401k match, paid vacation.
Location: Position will be based in MN350’s Minneapolis, Minnesota office.
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job will begin with a national training in late July 2019. Position open until filled, applications requested by July 12, 2019.
EOE. Women, people of color, indigenous/Native American, and LGBTQ people encouraged to apply.
*The number “350” stands for the amount of carbon pollution that is compatible with a livable climate