Job Title: Membership and Base-Building Organizer
Reports To: Membership Coordinator
FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary Range: $35-39k, plus benefits that include full family health insurance, dental, vacation and sick time.
Location: LSP Minneapolis office
Summary: LSP is excited to add a new position to our Membership and Individual Giving Program. We’re looking for someone who can think strategically and has experience with membership recruitment and/or experience fundraising from individuals. Organizing experience is a plus and commitment to building the democratic power people a must. Strong candidates will understand how to use different communication platforms and strategies to connect with people, build lists of supporters and acquire new dues paying LSP members. Strong candidates will enjoy digging into spreadsheets and data but also listening to and connecting with people on issues that are important to them.
- Recruit new dues paying members on an ongoing, year-round basis, maximizing our new member recruitment from organizing campaigns, LSP programs, internal prospects and ambitious spring and fall campaigns.
- Work with LSP programs to set and reach ambitious new member and supporter goals.
- Greatly expand the number of LSP supporters, working with leaders and program organizers to add thousands of new supporters to LSP’s base.
- Using a multifaceted approach to recruit new dues paying members and supporters that includes, training LSP members to recruit new members, online strategies, print and direct mail, phoning, and other approaches.
- Tracking the effectiveness of new member recruitment and supporter efforts.
- Understand, develop and use database tools to advance LSP’s membership and base-building work.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- Candidates for the position should be able to:
- Work as part of a close-knit team.
- Devise and execute plans to recruit new dues paying members and engaged supporters.
- Communicate effectively verbally, visually and in writing, across different types of media.
- Manage multiple priorities, reach goals and meet deadlines.
- Ask people for money with skill and comfort.
- Articulate their passion for healthy rural communities and people, democracy and stewardship of the land.
- Inspire and train member leaders and staff to become effective membership recruiters.
- Be self- motivated and pay excellent attention to details.
- Understand and utilize database tools to advance this work.
- Proficient in basic arithmetic
The work environment is an open office space in LSP’s Minneapolis office. A significant amount of time each day will be spent in front of a computer at a desk. The Membership and Base-building Organizer will engage with program staff and others regularly throughout the work day. When focus and fewer interruptions are required to compete a task, quieter spaces within the office are available. The position also requires occasional work outside the office at events, meetings and other functions.
This is an office-based position requiring several hours a day in front of a computer at a desk, with options for sitting or standing. Occasional physical demands include setting up for events, working on mailings, tabling at outreach events and filing. This would require the ability to carry 25 lbs.; lift files; use hands to fold, stuff, seal, and stamp envelopes; open filing cabinets; and bend or stand as necessary.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a resume and a relevant writing sample of no more than two pages to Mike McMahon, Director of Membership and Individual Giving, at email@example.com by Wednesday, November 21, 2018.