If interested, we encourage you to apply directly through LinkedIn.com, or you may also submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Center for Transportation and the Environment (CTE) is a member-supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that develops, promotes, and implements advanced transportation technologies, vehicles, and fuels that reduce environmental pollution and fossil fuel dependency. CTE is a passionate, progressive workplace open to employee-driven ideas and opportunities. CTE is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and St. Paul.
This job opportunity is located in St. Paul, MN.
CTE’s mission is to improve the health of our climate and communities by bringing people together to develop and commercialize clean, efficient, and sustainable transportation technologies. Since 1993, CTE has managed a portfolio of over $1.5 billion in team research, development, and demonstration projects. We’ve helped over 250 US companies move their technologies into the global energy and transportation mainstream. Currently, CTE is heavily involved in the deployment of electric vehicles
across the U.S. CTE works closely with vehicle manufacturers, component providers, and fleet operators, including transit agencies and logistics organizations across the country. To learn more about CTE, please visit www.cte.tv.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CTE is committed to championing inclusivity, diversity, and equity through our pursuit of a zero-emission future. We are motivated by our mission to improve the health of our climate for all people. Our staff seek to create a community where your identity is not only embraced, but celebrated. Whatever your race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, religion, or socioeconomic status may be, we welcome and encourage all individuals to join us in transforming transportation.
CTE partners with professional associations in the zero-emission transit industry to help advance adoption of zero-emission buses and provide support to transit agencies interested in fleet electrification. CTE is seeking a full-time, entry-level Managing Associate to directly support the administration of two zero-emission transit associations and the many transit electrification programs that they impact. CTE’s industry partners consist of stakeholders from transit agencies, educational institutions, and the private sector. This position will be part of a team that works with zero-emission transit leaders across the country to share zero-emission bus knowledge and best practices. This position will also have the opportunity to gain valuable experience on other medium and heavy-duty electric vehicle demonstration and deployment projects. CTE manages battery electric and fuel cell vehicle projects at all stages of the project life cycle including proposal writing, planning, procurement, vehicle and infrastructure design and manufacturing, deployment, and vehicle performance monitoring and reporting. Prior experience with zero-emission vehicles is not needed, but attention to detail and the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously are key. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to work independently to overcome obstacles, suggest better approaches, and communicate effectively – verbally, visually, and in writing. Travel is required on average 2-3 days per month. If you are a confident, analytical, self-starter interested in the environment and transportation, we encourage you to apply.
- Support senior- and mid-level managers as part of a project team
- Maintain a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Develop and maintain working relationships with remote clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Get up to speed quickly on zero-emission vehicle technologies and their applications
- Maintain association web presences, including public websites, LinkedIn pages, and private
- Interface with association boards in a professional manner; participate in committee meetings
- Manage diverse membership of associations including member databases, member portal
access, and contacts
- Execute association events and attend conferences as a representative of the professional
- Support multiple projects simultaneously, including developing meeting minutes, tracking action
items and project tasks, managing schedules and budgets, and developing progress reports
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated history of collaboration and teamwork
- Proficient in English writing
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Four-year degree
- Event planning and logistics coordination experience
- Non-profit administration experience
- Educational outreach and networking experience
Studies have shown that men typically apply for jobs when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women only apply if they meet 100% of them. If you meet some but not all of the bullet points and think you’d be great for this role, we encourage you to apply.
• $45,000 – $60,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA
- 401k Match
- PTO (Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Volunteer Time)
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule / Hybrid Work Arrangement
- Education Assistance
- Phone and Parking Subsidies
- Computer Equipment/Software
- Valued at approximately $15,000/year
How to Apply
Please apply directly through LinkedIn.com or submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, gender expression, marital status, HIV status, disability, or any other status protected by laws or regulations. All employment decisions are based on business need, qualifications, and merit.