Reports To: Senior Legal Assistant
Job Status: Full-time, Hourly Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $40,000- $45,000 annually DOQ. This is an hourly position that earns $40,000 – $45,000 per year, based on a 36-hour work week.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20th, 2023 for priority consideration. The position will remain open until filled. You must submit all materials directly to this email address.
Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy uses law and science to protect Minnesota’s environment, its natural resources, and the health of its people.
At MCEA we respect the individual strengths, views, and experiences of all employees and understand that we thrive in our differences. We are committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture, policy, and practice.
The legal assistant provides essential support to MCEA’s legal team, as well as general administrative support to MCEA staff. The successful candidate will have a front-row seat for cutting-edge legal work that is shaping environmental policy across the state. The organization has dozens of projects and legal matters in progress at any given time on a wide range of topics including climate change, water quality, threats from mining pollution and persistent pollutants. The legal assistant is a key part of our work to protect the environment and the health of Minnesotans.
Supporting MCEA’s legal work is 70-80% of the job. The legal assistant also has the opportunity to work with MCEA staff outside of the legal team and learn about the full breadth of work happening within the organization.
MCEA is currently a hybrid workplace. This position will report to the office 2-3 times per week. Each month there are required in-person meetings.
Please visit our website at https://www.mncenter.org/job-openings for full description and how to apply.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Strong typing, writing, editing and proofreading ability.
- Detail-oriented with good follow-through on assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational, time management, and document management skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks independently and within a team project.
- Ability to communicate progress on projects and alerting others of unforeseen issues in order to problem solve in a timely manner.
- Some legal or administrative assistance experience.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of electronic filing and service procedures in administrative proceedings, state and/or federal courts.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail and Google Calendar, Slack, and Zoom.
- Familiarity with document management systems and project management software
- Commitment to MCEA’s mission of using law, science, and research to protect Minnesota’s natural resources, wildlife, and the health of its people.
- Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and culture that values differences.