Location: St. Croix Falls
The St. Croix River Association (SCRA) seeks an Invasive Species Field Lead to join our invasive species team. SCRA is the official nonprofit partner of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway. We work throughout the watershed to protect this National Park that flows through its heart.
The Invasive Species Field Lead is responsible for assisting with efforts to prevent and control invasive species in the St. Croix watershed primarily through public education & outreach, monitoring, and management tactics. The majority of the work will be performed in the field (75%) with some office work for data analysis and reporting activities (25%).
- Promote and implement the St. Croix River Watershed AIS Strategic Management Plan
- Educate key river user groups, including boaters and river-based businesses, on invasive species threats and prevention strategies
- Assist with educational outreach events and host booths at community events
- Monitor invasive species occurrences along the St. Croix River and throughout the watershed using GPS equipment, and communicate findings to partners
- Use ArcGIS to create maps relevant to monitoring projects and reports
- Perform data entry and assist with project reporting
- Assist with the training of seasonal interns and volunteers
- Collaborate with and assist partners with invasive species monitoring and management
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (conservation, natural resources, environmental education, environmental studies, parks and recreation, etc.)
- Experience with aquatic and terrestrial invasive species identification, monitoring, control and management
- Experience in a leadership role within a team setting
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
- Ability to track and report relevant data and monitoring results
- Excellent computer skills, with Microsoft office, Global Positioning System (GPS) and ArcGIS software proficiency
- Must have car and valid driver’s license, and be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to move and work on all types of uneven surfaces, and both inside and outside environmental conditions in a variety of different weather conditions
- Experience with boats, kayaks and/or canoes
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
This position is a full time six month temporary position with the possibility of expansion, and is based in St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin. Starting wage is $15/hr.
Qualified applicants please sent cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Application deadline is Monday, May 20th or until the position is filled. The SCRA is an equal opportunity employer.