Individual Giving Manager or Director (DOQ)
THE ORGANIZATION: The Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy has been the leading legal and scientific voice for Minnesota’s environment since 1974. We work in the courts, regulatory agencies and at the legislature to defend clean water and to create a livable climate for our children.
POSITION SUMMARY: This newly created position will report to the Chief Advancement Officer and be responsible for conducting individual donor visits, managing the “donor experience”, launching and running campaigns and leading donor events. Our legal and legislative work can’t succeed without financial support from a broad cross-section of Minnesotans and we are looking for someone to drive this work. We seek a new team member hungry to build on the success of our individual giving program and make it their own. This position will work as a team with communications and development staff who are committed to work and laugh hard together. We are seeking the right fit, whether their experience is at the manager or director level.
THE PERSON WE NEED HAS:
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and ability to monitor and adapt trends and best practices where appropriate.
- Demonstrated track record of setting and meeting/exceeding specific goals within the expected time period.
- Capacity to build sustainable, philanthropic relationships with volunteers and with donors that directly influences higher giving over time.
- Demonstrated communications skills with superior verbal, written and presentation skills and the ability to adapt communication to the appropriate audience.
- Demonstrated ability to take accountability for results, take initiative, as well as be adaptable, resilient, highly organized, and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated collaboration and influencing skills with the ability to foster trust both internally and externally.
- Ability to travel locally as needed.
- Motivation to defend Minnesota’s climate, water, land, and people.
- Lead donor visit program, conduct donor visits, and coordinate the CEO and CAOs’ involvement.
- Manage donor experience and stewardship.
- Launch and manage fundraising campaigns.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual gifts, with an emphasis on gifts of $500 or more. Develop and maintain a pipeline of prospects and donors and identify strategies to renew, upgrade and maintain philanthropic contributions.
- Create a long-term strategy to identify and cultivate current donors and new prospects who have the capacity and inclination to make gifts of $10,000 or more.
- Create and implement a comprehensive and meaningful stewardship plan.
- Manage event consultants for Legally Green, our annual large scale event, and smaller donor events.
- Work closely with the Data Manager to ensure that contributions and other data is being tracked appropriately.
- At least 5 years of related experience in fundraising and individual giving. Must be relationship oriented.
- Ability to reach ambitious fundraising goals.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to navigate a CRM efficiently.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and lead colleagues.
- Have the ability to keep up to date with technology as it develops and inform the organization of upcoming opportunities and challenges.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$75,000 with a great benefits package and generous paid time off depending on qualifications and whether this position is hired as a manager or director.
REPORTS TO: This position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 3, 2019 for priority consideration. The vision is to interview in September with the candidate starting in October.
The Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.