Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness
Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters
We’re looking for a passionate and motivated Fundraising Associate to join the Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters’ growing team in the Twin Cities. Join a great team of people who are dedicated to protecting the Boundary Waters in a highly challenging and intellectually engaging environment.
The Boundary Waters, the largest Wilderness Area east of the Rockies and north of the Everglades, is one of “50 Places of a Lifetime” according to National Geographic.
Unfortunately, the Chilean mining company Antofagasta and its subsidiary Twin Metals have proposed building dangerous sulfide-ore copper mines along waterways that flow into the Boundary Waters, Voyageurs National Park, and Quetico Park. The area’s clean water and rich aquatic ecosystem are particularly vulnerable to acid mine drainage from this type of mining.
The Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters, led by Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness, is working to ensure permanent protection for the Boundary Waters Wilderness, America’s most visited Wilderness and Minnesota’s crown jewel, from proposed sulfide-ore copper mining.
The Fundraising Associate will work as an integral part of the development team to help organize and carry out plans to meet our goals of raising $2 to $3 million annually including fundraising and cultivation of online, mail, and high-dollar donors, organizing fundraising events, seeking and writing grants, and working with business supporters.
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as integral part of successful fundraising team alongside the Development Manager and other key staff, board members and contractors
- Write and send compelling email and online fundraising appeals and donor updates to national donor list and prospects
- Work with printer and mailhouse vendors to draft and send successful mail fundraising appeals, updates, newsletters and thank you materials
- Plan, run, and assist with events including large annual fundraising events and donor appreciation events
- Assist with identifying new grant opportunities, writing grant proposals and reports
- Maintain excellent records, update supporter database, and assist with targeted fundraising, list segmentation, and strategies to strengthen donor relationships and cultivation
- Assist with major donor fundraising program including setting up and conducting meetings, recordkeeping, and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in conservation, political, governmental and/or nonprofit fundraising and development or other relevant background
- Passion for protecting the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ambitious and takes initiative; committed to getting the job done
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in everyday work and in fulfilling the mission of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Experience working with fundraising platforms and databases, including EveryAction, a plus)
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team player
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The Fundraising Associate is a full-time salaried position with Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness, an IRS recognized 501c3 organization
- Compensation includes a competitive salary and an excellent package of health and other employee benefits
- Position located in Minneapolis, MN with occasional travel including to Ely, MN
Please email your resume, a cover letter and three references to Sam@SavetheBoundaryWaters.org with subject line “Fundraising Associate Application” by February 15, 2019.
Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness and the Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters are committed to equal opportunity in employment. All qualified persons are invited to apply.