The Center for Transportation and the Environment (CTE) is a member-supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that develops, promotes, and implements advanced transportation technologies, vehicles, and fuels that reduce environmental pollution and fossil fuel dependency. CTE is a passionate, progressive workplace open to employee-driven ideas and opportunities. CTE is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and St. Paul.
This job opportunity is located in Atlanta and St. Paul.
CTE’s mission is to improve the health of our climate and communities by bringing people together to develop and commercialize clean, efficient, and sustainable transportation technologies. Since 1993, CTE has managed a portfolio of over $800 million in team research, development, and demonstration projects. We’ve helped over 200 US companies move their technologies into the global energy and transportation mainstream. Currently, CTE is heavily involved in the deployment of electric vehicles across the U.S. CTE works closely with vehicle manufacturers, component providers, and fleet operators, including transit agencies and logistics organizations across the country. To learn more about CTE, please visit www.cte.tv.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CTE is committed to championing inclusivity, diversity, and equity through our pursuit of a zero-emission future. We are motivated by our mission to improve the health of our climate for all people. Our staff seek to create a community where your identity is not only embraced, but celebrated. Whatever your race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, religion, or socioeconomic status may be, we welcome and encourage all individuals to join us in transforming transportation.
CTE is seeking a Director of Operations or Operations Manager responsible for developing and improving procedures, processes, and systems that provide management with quantitative and qualitative metrics used to evaluate project-level and organization-level performance. These metrics are critical in helping CTE’s Leadership team identify opportunities for improvement and determine what resources, including people and funding, are needed to achieve the strategic objectives and growth of the organization. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and Leadership team to oversee staff schedules and workload and maintain the accuracy and availability of company records, ensuring that the organization is performing efficiently and effectively. Title and salary will be based on experience level – we are interviewing at both the Director and Manager levels.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes
- At the direction of the Leadership team, develop systems that help measure the health of the organization and progress towards reaching company goals
- Collaborate with the Controller to develop and maintain project labor and budget forecasting tools that help achieve financial and strategic objectives
- Monitor staffing allocation for active projects and evaluate the impact of pending project contracts on the organization to determine labor requirements and inform staffing decisions
- Oversee technology integration throughout the organization to increase efficiency of operations
- Oversee organization of project data and company records
- Coordinate with other support departments such as outreach and communications, human resources, and finance and accounting, to ensure successful operations
- Present periodic reports and metrics to leadership team to inform decisions
- Assist with annual budget preparation using forecasts for project labor and expenses
- Assist with modifications to organization’s policies and procedures manual
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of related experience
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with implementing or managing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience in non-profit, government, and/or consulting organization financial management, accounting, and contracting is a plus
- $80,000 – $140,000 (title and salary dependent on experience level)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA
- 401k Match
- Annual Raises
- PTO (Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Volunteer Time)
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Education Assistance
- Phone and Parking Subsidies
- Computer Equipment/Software
- Valued at approximately $10,000-$15,000/year
How to Apply
Please submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, gender expression, marital status, HIV status, disability, or any other status protected by laws or regulations. All employment decisions are based on business need, qualifications, and merit.