Location: Minneapolis, MN (Onsite open to hybrid)
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Senior Vice President
If you are interested in working to change systems that perpetuate waste and the problems it causes for our health, economy, and communities; participating in organizational leadership in a collaborative setting; and supporting our initiative to promote diversity and inclusion in our organization, Eureka Recycling may be the right place for you!
Eureka Recycling is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer in word and action. We deeply value diversity because we understand that unique and varied perspectives are essential to be able to achieve our mission and live our values.
Primary Role of the Director/Manager Communication & Communications
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Director/Manager of Engagement & Communications will create, manage and lead a broad range of activities to promote, enhance and increase support for and involvement with Eureka’s zero-waste mission and programs.
The Director/Manager of Engagement & Communications is an essential position on Eureka Recycling’s mission-driven team. This position is responsible for directing Eureka Recycling’s varied and integrated engagement projects and services including: recycling facility tours, internal and external event planning, employee engagement strategy, community relations and engagement, digital and multi-media content management, and more.
- Brand Management: Working in collaboration with executive leadership and the Director of Customer Relations oversee and facilitate the production of the Annual Recycling Guides for Eureka’s City Partners.
- Employee Engagement: Lead the development and implementation of a proactive internal communications and engagement strategy, including monthly employee newsletters, staff event planning, digital and multimedia content and strategy, and annual anniversary program and celebrations.
- Event Management: Develop and carry out Eureka’s broad range of event planning needs including community outreach events and internal engagement events. Recruit and manage staff to support the development and execution of these engagement strategies and programs.
- Recycling & Zero Waste Tour Program: Develop and lead Eureka Recycling’s multi-faceted tour program targeted to both community and corporate audiences.
- Team Development: Understand the talent of team members, support people in applying their strength to the mission and ensure staff are engaged, respected, valued, and contribute their talent and energy effectively.
- Individual Donor Management: In collaboration with Eureka’s Executive Leadership and the Engagement Department lead and execute annual fundraising campaigns that align with Eureka’s strategic vision and goals.
- Passion and energy for Eureka Recycling’s mission and the ability to embrace and understand Eureka’s organizational culture
- 3-5 years of experience in directing community engagement, community outreach, or related work for a nonprofit or a combination of nonprofits with social venture experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role, with emphasis on collaborative leadership. 1-3 years of supervisory/management experience in a related field
- An energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive leader who’s proactive and self-motivated
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with leadership and staff, as well as external partners and community members
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with a diversity of community organizations, governmental entities, and private businesses and in successfully presenting and holding organizational positions to achieve mission-oriented change through collaboration
- Experience managing social media campaigns and messaging to positively engage the community with mission-related content
- Innovative and creative thinker and problem solver, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output. Excellent judgment and grey-area thinking, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and juggle competing priorities, managing to move forward in projects and plans, even in states of ambiguity
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers. Confidence and compassion to gain the credibility and respect of peers and community partners.
Background of the Organization
Eureka Recycling is a nonprofit social enterprise recycler and zero-waste organization with a mission to demonstrate that waste is preventable, not inevitable. However, zero waste isn’t just about an empty garbage can. Focused on changing systems that perpetuate waste, our work highlights Zero Waste as a strategy that effectively addresses climate change, local economic development, and environmental justice.
Eureka Recycling has provided residential curbside and apartment recycling collections, recyclable processing, education, and advocacy since 2001. Unique for a nonprofit, Eureka Recycling has a large operational component consisting primarily of a fleet of 30+ collection vehicles and a 100,000 square foot single-stream material recovery facility (MRF) where recyclables are sorted and processed for sale to end markets. With an annual operating budget of over $10,000,000, these initiatives provide more than 120 jobs for individuals who demonstrate our mission every day in the work they do. As an important part of our mission, we provide living wage, full-time jobs with benefits.
Eureka Recycling is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.