We’re looking for a passionate and motivated Digital Organizer to join the Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters’ growing team. Join a great group of people who are dedicated to protecting the Boundary Waters in a highly challenging and intellectually engaging environment.
The Boundary Waters, the largest Wilderness Area east of the Rockies and north of the Everglades, is one of “50 Places of a Lifetime” according to National Geographic.
Unfortunately, the Chilean mining company Antofagasta and its subsidiary Twin Metals have proposed building dangerous sulfide-ore copper mines along waterways that flow into the Boundary Waters, Voyageurs National Park, and Quetico Park. The area’s clean water and rich aquatic ecosystem are particularly vulnerable to acid mine drainage from this type of mining.
The Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters, led by Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness, is working to ensure permanent protection for the Boundary Waters Wilderness, America’s most visited Wilderness and Minnesota’s crown jewel, from proposed sulfide-ore copper mining.
The Digital Organizer will track, analyze, and apply data analytics and best practices to the Campaign’s online and digital programs across a variety of platforms. They will be an integral part of our team, working with all departments to maximize support and action to protect the Boundary Waters.
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track, analyze, and apply data analytics and best practices for online and digital program across platforms (website, social media, email, list building etc.) to increase effectiveness of the Campaign’s public engagement and fundraising
- Customize content and strategies for specific segments of our audience using targeted list building and approaches
- Work collaboratively with the Communications, Outreach, and Fundraising teams to effectively tell the Campaign’s story and increase supporter and donor engagement in multiple ways
- Assist with targeted email program including list segmentation and formatting campaign emails
- Increase online, mail, and other fundraising success through strategic audience research, list segmentation, testing, and analytics
- Other duties as assigned
- At least one cycle of experience in online or field organizing, political campaigns, or other relevant experience
- Talent and interest in communications, fundraising, and outreach
- Knowledge of HTML/coding language
- Familiarity with new media and digital tools and knowledge of Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Business, and other analytics tools
- Experience with social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo
- Passion for protecting the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- Ability to multitask and prioritize many ongoing projects and meet deadlines
- Experience with CRMs including EveryAction/NGP-VAN
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in everyday work and in fulfilling the mission of the organization
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team player
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The Digital Organizer is a full-time salaried position with Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness, an IRS recognized 501c3 organization
- Compensation includes a competitive salary and an excellent package of health and other employee benefits
- Position located in Minneapolis, MN
Please email your resume, a cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Digital Organizer Application” by May 15, 2019.
Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness and the Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters are committed to equal opportunity in employment. All qualified persons are invited to apply.