Reports to : Membership and Development Director
Location: Saint Paul
Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness (Friends) is seeking a Development Operations Manager. Our development team is responsible for delivering best-in-class support to those who are working to advance the mission and impact of the Friends work across Minnesota, the region and country. A critical component of the work of the development team is supporting the operations, infrastructure and analytics of our front-line fundraisers who are responsible for identifying and partnering with companies, individual donors, and foundations whose time, resources and knowledge allow the Friends to protect, preserve and restore the Boundary Waters. This position sits at the hub between the development, operations, policy and outreach teams, providing opportunities for collaboration and advancement of ideas and best practices across the Friends. This position is responsible for the operations of the development department, namely database management, gift entry, providing reports, and supporting data requests for all of the Friends programs. We seek a creative and flexible problem solver who has a passion for data, process and continuous improvement. You will be an ideal candidate for this position if you are customer-service oriented, self-directed and comfortable learning and leveraging technology in your work.
- Reports to the Development and Membership Director
- Supervises the Data Entry Assistant
- Works with all staff to support program initiatives
- Manage the Friends constituent, supporter and advocacy database
- Process donations and generate acknowledgements efficiently and with high level of accuracy
- Maintain and update donor database records, ensuring that data is clean and accurate
- Develop and maintain database policies and procedures
- Create donation reports tailored to the needs of foundations and Friends departments
- Access and analyze data to identify development opportunities and assist with development strategies and long-term planning
- Assist with retention and stewardship mailings
- Assisting the Development Director with researching and implementing stewardship strategies for major donors
- Identifying areas for improvement in operations
- Work with the Operations Director and our outside accounting firm to provide donation records, complete deposits, and assist with the annual audit
- Assist with development related events throughout the year
- At least 2 years experience working with a database
- Capable of self-direction and independent work
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to handle competing priorities
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to safely handle confidential information
- Experience working in development or non-profit fundraising preferred but not required
Compensation and Benefits
- $55,000 – $65,000 per year salary
- Paid vacation and sick leave, employer paid health insurance and dental insurance, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
- In addition to paid vacation and sick leave, the Friends provides a $300 stipend and five additional paid vacation days to each employee to take time off and recharge in the Boundary Waters.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid in-person/remote working options
- $50 per month transportation allowance for public transit or parking, Saint Paul office located on the light rail and bus lines
- We encourage life-long learning and ongoing professional development, with dedicated funds for each employee to utilize advance their skill se
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references:
Ms. Bree Sikorski
Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness
In the subject line of any electronic communication, please put “Development Operations Manager.”
Applications will be accepted until May 9, 2022.
At the Friends, we have a clear vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. The Friends is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.