Location: St. Paul
Job Type: .50 to Full Time – negotiable
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Organization Profile: The Monarch Joint Venture (MJV) is a national conservation partnership dedicated to conserving monarch butterflies and their habitats, which provide a multitude of benefits for other species and ecosystem services. The partnership consists of 85 organizations across the U.S. who are working together under MJV’s leadership to drive forward conservation goals. MJV is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Saint Paul, Minnesota whose work extends across the U.S.
Summary: The Development Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the annual fundraising plan to meet the goals of the organization. They report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Board of Directors and program staff.
The MJV is seeking a highly motivated Development Director who works well independently and as a member of our team and shares our passion for conserving our natural world through the lens of the monarch butterfly. The ideal candidate will be excited about sharing their love of the natural world with others. They will have an ability to inspire constituents to support the mission of the MJV. With integrity and hard work, they will understand and appreciate how the charisma of the monarch butterfly impacts conservation in a broader way. They will bring a balanced perspective and ability to listen that will help them engage a variety of different stakeholders interested in this issue.
1) ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
- Works with Executive Director, program staff, and the Board of Directors on strategies to advance the development of the organization
- Develops creative ways to meet organization’s fundraising goals and prepares and implements annual fundraising plan
- Researches and cultivates current and potential new donors and partners
- Researches, writes and manages corporate, foundation and government grants to meet organizational goals
- Assists with the design and layout of fundraising marketing materials
- Plans and executes donor events throughout the year
- Works with leadership team to identify and meet program and operating needs
- Manages donor recognition and communications for the organization
The successful candidate will have excellent planning, management and fundraising skills and proven success working in a development program with a focus on individual donors. They must be able to work independently and manage multiple projects at one time. They must also have:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with and expanding an individual donor base
- A strong interest in and commitment to the Monarch Joint Venture’s mission and work
- Three years of successful fund-raising experience
- Communications experience and understanding of marketing principles including experience effectively using emails, social media and other electronic marketing
- Experience using database management software
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with foundations and writing grant proposals, reports and other fundraising materials
- Outstanding judgment, initiative and drive
- Knowledge of local philanthropic community a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to MJV Executive Director, Wendy Caldwell (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions regarding the position or organization may also be directed to Wendy.