Status: Part Time, Hourly Approx. 20 hrs/week
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
Compensation: Hourly – up to $16.00/hr
Position Narrative: Development Coordinator is a key position for the organization, and is expected to provide development and administrative support for all aspects of our 11-person team. This job requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, including keen attention to detail, and outstanding organizational and problem solving skills in a fast paced and open office environment. The position requires being able to multitask, and handle a wide array of responsibilities on a given day. Proficient in database environment as well as Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Must be willing to keep consistent office hours with one or two night and weekend events throughout the year.
Serving as one of the organization’s primary points of contact and providing a positive and efficient first encounter. The position assists with managing the daily operations of the organization including administrative functions, database management, event coordination, and other assignments.
Development/Administrative – 80%
- Organizes and implements administrative systems to ensure effective and efficient development support
- Assists in maintenance and management of internal database systems and CRM database
- Provide day to day financial transaction support with accuracy and attention to detail, including logging and preparing checks for deposit and coding invoices for payment
- Process donations efficiently, and acknowledge donations with thank you letter in 48-hour time frame
- Prepares fundraising reports and analytics for development committee
- Ensures integrity of data
- Provide support for mailings – both in-house (using mail merge, labels, and postage) or coordinating with printer and mail house
- Ensure event signup data is entered quickly and accurately
- Provide follow through to ensure that all people who download curriculum or sign up for enews or volunteering are accurately noted in donor database
- Receives telephone calls and assists visitors to determine proper person to contact
- Retrieves and distributes incoming mail
Meetings and Events Support – 20%
- May assist in coordinating special events, but this is not the primary function of this position
- Assist with planning and provide efficient, consistent, reliable support for all fundraising events
- Use internal communication tools effectively for strong team collaboration (Google drive, Slack, Zoom)
- Prepare coffee/food for meetings and ensure that the office and conference room are neat, clean and ready for meetings.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or at least 2 years demonstrated database and development experience
- Strong office experience and organizational skills with ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must relate well to people, work calmly under pressure, and possess good clerical and typing skills
- Excellent database knowledge with understanding of all aspects of data entry, queries and report creation
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite programs as well as an understanding of Apple systems
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to express concepts in writing and through individual conversations
- Available for occasional meetings and special functions beyond business hours, including possible evening and weekend events.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable car
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Interest in the issue of climate change and our mission
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Devel Coord, last name, first name” in the subject heading. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be considered through October 31, 2018. No phone calls please. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, skin color, gender, gender expression, class, religion (creed), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or military status.
Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy
2801 21st Avenue South, Suite 110
Minneapolis, MN 55407
About the organization: Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy empowers individuals and their communities to engage in solutions to climate change. Climate Generation understands that climate change is a highly complex issue and that just and equitable solutions cannot be found if we proceed with the climate science and policy lens alone. We must take a comprehensive perspective of climate change impacts and solutions if we are to reach our goal and create the future we want to live in. We are committed to addressing the intersection of climate change and economic, social, and racial disparities, and working closely with partners who understand this interface.