Organization Overview: Greener Pastures is a start-up 501c(3) nonprofit organization working on a mission to help our food system move away from factory farming and towards humane, sustainable, just food & farms.
Based in Minneapolis, Greener Pastures uses beautiful visual & culinary storytelling to help consumers get the education, inspiration and resources they need to vote with their dollar for a better food system and take grassroots action to reshape the food policy landscape. Greener Pastures conducts visual storytelling and education, Farm-to-Table Activism Dinners, consumer-to-farmer Farm Matchmaking, and advocacy.
Position Overview: Greener Pastures is seeking a Development Consultant to support the organization in hitting its development and fundraising annual goals. The consultant will (1) conduct prospecting and research to identify grant opportunities suitable for Greener Pastures’ mission and programs, (2) assist with grantwriting and preparing grant reports, (3) assist with communications and meeting scheduling for relationship building with funders and donors, and (4) other relevant activities to help Greener Pastures meet its grants fundraising goals for FY23-FY24. The Development Consultant will work closely with the Executive Director and senior leadership on the Board of Directors.
Position Type: Independent Contractor
Compensation: Ranging from $2,000-$3,100 per month, estimated at 40 hours per month, commensurate with experience.
- Strategizing and implementing a plan for growing the organizations’ revenue from grant seeking activities
- Leading grant research with appropriate foundations and grantmakers
- Maintaining a grants calendar
- Building relationships with, and meeting with foundations and grantmakers (along with the Executive Director)
- Writing, editing, and submitting grant applications; working interdepartmentally to gather grant application materials
- Submitting grant reporting
- Gaining a thorough understanding of Greener Pastures’ programs
- Personally passionate about addressing factory farming and share our vision of a humane, sustainable, just local food system.
- Bachelor’s degree and a Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in development, including experience developing a grants portfolio, development successful ask strategies, grants management, and a successful fundraising track-record.
- Comfort working in a start-up environment, with an ability to design and implement new systems, processes and procedures.
- Able to work both independently, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Deep Knowledge of best practices within development, grantwriting, and philanthropy.
- Must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills. English fluency.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgment and ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage time, deliverables and meet deadlines.
Location: Remote. Applicant must be located within the Midwest.
To apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter. Applications and questions should be sent to: email@example.com with the subject line “Development Consultant Application.”
Deadline to apply: September 14, 2023
Anticipated Project Timeline: Late September 2023 – spring 2024
Greener Pastures is committed to working for greater equity and inclusion of historically marginalized communities in the field of sustainable agriculture and advocacy. Women, non-binary folk, LGBTQ, BIPOC, differently-abled, and other historically marginalized folks are strongly encouraged to apply.