Location: St. Paul
THE ORGANIZATION: The Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy has been the leading legal and scientific voice for Minnesota’s environment since 1974. We work in the courts, regulatory agencies and at the legislature to defend clean water and a create a livable climate for our children.
POSITION SUMMARY: This newly created position will use data to give people across the state the opportunity to join us in ensuring clean water, a livable climate and clean air. Our legal and legislative work can’t succeed without financial support and pressure from a broad cross-section of Minnesotans and we are looking for someone to drive this work. We seek an experienced Data Manager that will manage the organization’s data infrastructure and provide data management. This position will work as a team with communications and development staff who are committed to work and laugh hard together.
THE PERSON WE NEED
- Has worked with major CRMs.
- Experienced in leading data-driven innovations to increase fundraising and engagement
- Curious about the possibilities and insights that can be gleaned from Big Data
- Experienced at building predictive models and conducting data-driven analysis of programs
- Ability to communicate about and with data simply and effectively
- Motivated to defend Minnesota’s climate, clean water, and land
- Maintain CRM and other list management tools
- Perform data appends and ensure MCEA’s data is clean and usable
- Maximize use of data tools to meet fundraising and engagement goals
- Work with communications and fundraising to enhance the success of email, social
media, website, and online ad content and strategies to maximize fundraising and
engagement in MCEA’s advocacy work
- Proficiency in Excel
- At least 2 years of Data related experience, ideally to advance fundraising and engagement
- Must be relationship oriented
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of different CRM and voter list systems, ideally Salsa and VAN
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and lead colleagues
- Have the ability to keep up to date with technology as it develops and inform the organization of upcoming opportunities and challenges
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $40-$45,000 with a great benefits package and generous paid time off.
This position reports to the Chief Development Officer.
HOW TO APPLY
‘Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com with the subject line Data Manager. This position is open until filled, but apply by May 15th for priority review. Our goal is to start interviewing toward the end of May and have the right candidate start in early July. The Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.