Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Exempt, full time
Salary: $44,000-$56,000 DOE, PTO
Ideal Start Date: As soon as a qualified candidate is available
This position will coordinate Clean River Partners’ community engagement work, including co-creating
learning opportunities about water with community members, conducting educational workshops, and
engaging our membership and other community members in volunteer projects. This position is for someone energized by planning experiences that foster belonging and help people build their knowledge, skills, and commitment to care for the water in our communities. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and community leaders and partners to develop programming and experiences that energize, educate, and connect community members. We are seeking either a community engagement coordinator or manager, depending on the experience of the applicant. Salary and title will be commensurate with experience.
ABOUT CLEAN RIVER PARTNERS
Clean River Partners is an environmental non-profit based in Northfield, MN. We envision communities that create and protect a watershed with healthy soils; drinkable groundwater; and clean, fishable, and
swimmable rivers, lakes, and streams. We partner with people and organizations to value, protect, and
improve the Cannon River Watershed’s land and water. Our core values of resilience, equity, and engagement guide all of our work.
- Work with partners to develop experiences such as community conservations, workshops, and
volunteer opportunities that meaningfully build participants’ knowledge, skills, and commitment to the Cannon River watershed.
- Identify new partners to grow CRP’s relevance and reach in the communities we serve.
- Conduct marketing and outreach efforts to promote CRP’s community engagement work.
- Seek funding for projects that are part of CRP’s community engagement work.
- Identify key measures of success, track corresponding data for, and report on CRP’s community
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the Executive Director
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Interest in and commitment to the mission and values of Clean River Partners
- Commitment to equity, justice, and fostering belonging
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Delivering educational programming
- Program and event coordination and logistics
- Volunteer coordination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Detail oriented with strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Flexible and motivated with a positive attitude
- Minimum two years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with email, spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Proficiency with shared drives, such as Google Drive
- A valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle
- Knowledge/experience with Cannon River Watershed region and communities
- Experience in a nonprofit and/or environmental work
- Project management experience
- Program and event design and development
- Experience identifying, tracking, and reporting on key performance indicators
- Experience facilitating and utilizing reflective practices
- Marketing and outreach experience
- Grant-writing experience
- Proficiency in one or more non-English language, especially Spanish, Dakota, Somali, and/or Hmong
- Experience using Google Analytics, website maintenance software, and/or Vertical Response or other email newsletter publishing tool
- Experience with social media platforms and content management
Work is primarily sedentary, although there is some moving, travel, and carrying of lightweight items such as notebooks and work papers. Most work is performed in an office building and in an adequately lighted and climate controlled, ADA compliant space. This position does require meeting in various community spaces, including outdoor spaces, for relationship-building, planning, and event delivery. Many staff work a hybrid schedule. This person will share an office space with a coworker, but will have a dedicated workspace.
Occasional travel as well as occasional evening and weekend meetings and events will be part of the job.
Hours of Work
This position is a full time, exempt position. Clean River Partners’ normal business hours are 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday-Friday.
Send a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three professional references to
Jennifer Tonko at email@example.com. Review of applicants will begin June 12, 2023, and
continue until the position is filled. Clean River Partners is an equal opportunity employer.