THE ORGANIZATION: The Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy has been the leading legal and scientific voice for Minnesota’s environment since 1974. We work in the courts, regulatory agencies and at the legislature to defend clean water and to create a livable climate for our children.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will report to the Public Engagement Director and play a key role in our communications, public engagement and development work. Our legal and legislative work can’t succeed without the engagement and financial support from a broad cross-section of Minnesotans. We seek a new team member hungry to build on the success of our existing work. This position will work as a team with communications, public engagement and development staff who are committed to work and laugh hard together. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to learn from experienced leaders, support important projects, and to have a meaningful impact.
The Communications and Online Giving Associate is responsible for providing support for Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy in two major areas:
- Communications (60-70%): website management, electronic communications, media relations, content generation (including basic graphic design, photography, audio and video recording and editing), social media, print communications, and assisting the public engagement team with communication activities;
- Development and Online Giving (30-40%): online and mobile giving, development email and social media content generation, event support, development planning and serving as a liaison between the public engagement and development teams at MCEA.
- Experience in managing web content using a CMS such as WordPress, Wix or Weebly
- Knowledge of relational/development databases (Donor Pro, Raiser’s Edge, Donor Perfect, Salesforce, Neon, FileMaker, Etapestry, Gift Maker Pro or equivalent) and ideally our tool, Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage.
- Experience in social media and marketing campaigns, ideally with a development and fundraising focus.
- Experience creating digital content for the web or social media (photography, audio, video)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or similar design software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Able and willing to take complete ownership of responsibilities and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous communication experience in media relations or journalism.
- Previous development experience including online giving and event planning.
- Experience working in a non-profit, legal or advocacy setting.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. All employees at MCEA enjoy a great benefits package and generous paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The cover letter should outline how your background meets our preferred experience, this will be treated as a writing sample. The vision is to interview in September with the candidate starting in October. Deadline for applications is August 28, 2019.
The Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.