Location: St. Paul
Reports To: Executive Director
Classification: Full-time, exempt
About the Izaak Walton League – Minnesota Division (Minnesota Ikes)
We are the state office of a 96-year old conservation organizations with 15 local chapters and a strong history of conservation success. We have active volunteers involved in programs seeking to educate and motivate our members and supporters to address environmental challenges to our water, habitats, and climate through personal and community actions. Our mission is to conserve, restore, and promote the sustainable use and enjoyment of our natural resources, including soil, air, woods, waters, and wildlife.
We seek a dynamic, personable, experienced person to conduct the communication and administrative activities across all media for one of the state’s oldest conservation organizations undergoing a leap forward in activity and engagement. The successful candidate will have experience in creative communications, excellent organizational, financial bookkeeping and written skills, with an attention to detail. This candidate will have strong collaborative ability, while possessing initiative and problem-solving skills. The individual will demonstrate dedication to our mission and values through their actions and communication with staff, members and supporters.
* Communication with multiple audiences via website, social media, and newsletters;
* All aspects of financial management including, accounting, regular financial reporting to tax authorities, Executive Director and Board, as well as bill-paying and cash management;
* Human resources functions related to employee and contractor payroll, tax and benefits;
* Member and donor database management; and
* Meeting and event organizing for board and members.
Requirements and Specific Skills
* At least five years education and/or experience in related areas of responsibility
* Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media experience and comfort
* Strong written communication skills
* Familiarity with Every Action data base, BaseCamp, webinars and other communication networks and WordPress web platform
* Accounting and financial reporting programs and practices common to non-profits
* Passion for our environment
* Non-profit experience a plus
Competitive salary commensurate with experience; work hours flexibility.
Equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email letter of interest and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org