The Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for print and digital content creation and publication, management of the Minnesota Land Trust’s communications and marketing plan and the organization’s social media presence. Ideally, the candidate will be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with a close-knit team, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The successful candidate must be able to communicate the Land Trust story to sustain, grow, and deepen engagement with a diverse range of stakeholders. This position does not supervise staff but will manage contractors. Qualified candidates from underrepresented communities, including Black, Indigenous, and People of Color are highly encouraged to apply. The Minnesota Land Trust offers a competitive benefits package with 100% employee paid individual health insurance.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Development and Communications. Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to:
Plans and Strategies
- Provide expertise and counsel to build upon or develop integrated marketing and communications strategies, plans and campaigns as needed to reach key audiences. Implement the plans, define and monitor performance metrics and achieve objectives.
- Actively work to ensure that brand identity and key messaging is infused in all areas of the organization.
Social Media and Digital Platforms
- Lead social media and website strategies. Pursue opportunities to increase engagement with key audiences, content areas and programs. Manage the Minnesota Land Trust’s social media and digital platforms, write and post new content and share content on a regular basis. Update website content and keep it relevant and user-friendly.
Writing, Designing and Storytelling
- Write articles for printed and digital newsletters, publications, brochures, donor collateral, press releases, letters to the editor and more, across all programs and for various audience segments.
- Manage the flow of stories and content from ideation to publication and dissemination. Create a repository of stories for the Minnesota Land Trust, including curating photos and images.
- Develop and edit video and multimedia stories working with a range of contributors including staff, volunteers and contractors.
- Support events through promotional communications and marketing.
- Serve as editor for written material throughout Minnesota Land Trust.
- Establish relationships with media contacts and identify efforts to bring positive earned media attention to the Minnesota Land Trust.
- Assist with government messaging and communications.
- Stay aware and informed of current trends and opportunities relevant to the position.
- Participate in department and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with three years of professional experience in developing and executing effective communications and marketing strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with people from a variety of communities and abilities to establish credibility and authenticity with diverse audiences.
- Expertise in print publications, social media in a professional capacity, website strategy and management, and media relations.
- A strong design sense, with an aptitude for storytelling.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice.
- An orientation toward teamwork and strong people skills, including knowing how to move projects forward in a collaborative manner.
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to work in a non-partisan manner.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Ability to drive and occasionally travel throughout Minnesota.
- Communications and marketing experience in a non-profit setting.
- Experience working with donors and volunteers.
- Experience with graphic design and designing communication pieces.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
Salary range is $55,000 – $63,000 annually.
How to Apply
To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to Sue Martinez at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed starting October 14, 2021.