Clean Water Action (CWA) and Clean Water Fund (CWF) seek a part-time Program Associate to join our Minnesota team to support our Water & Toxics campaigns. CWA is a national citizens’ organization with nearly 1 million members working for clean, safe, and affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and businesses, and empowerment of people to make democracy work. CWF is a national non-profit research and education organization, which promotes the public interest on issues relating to water, waste, toxics, and natural resources.
A significant portion of the Program Associate’s time will be spent supporting our new Rethink Disposable and Lead Free Minnesota projects. This will include regular public outreach events, social media campaigns and research to support our efforts.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in implementation of successful strategies around specific programs
- Recruit and work with community volunteers and leaders
- Assist in organizing local events
- Assist with research and writing in support of programs
- Assist with outreach and media work and social media
- Other activities that support the goals of the campaigns
- Other activities as directed by supervisor, including fundraising to support the projects
- Experience as an organizer with non-profit organizations and/or electoral campaigns
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Successful experience organizing people at the grassroots level
- Understanding of and experience with environmental, public health and community issues; experience with canvass-based programs helpful
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate people to take action
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and highly productive
HOURS/COMPENSATION: Pay for this position begins at $15.00/hour for up to 24 hour per week with a somewhat flexible schedule. Benefits per our policies.
TO APPLY: Applicants please e-mail a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Internal candidates, please discuss with supervisor first.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund values a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water
Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.