Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking an energetic and experienced organizer to grow and implement the organizations’ campaign in Minnesota on climate, sustainable food production and water. Food production, particularly of meat, is a leading source of climate change emissions and water pollution and the Field to Fork project is working to change the system of meat production by utilizing market strategies. Although the best diet for the planet is a non-processed, plant based diet, many people can’t or won’t currently follow that advice so we are working to reduce the impacts from meat production. The position is based in our Minneapolis office, but will work across Minnesota. Clean Water Action is a 501(c)(4) national organization with 50,000 Minnesota members that works for clean, safe affordable water, prevention of health threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization providing education, organizing and technical assistance to strengthen grassroots environmental efforts.
- Coordinate development and implementation of our campaign focused on creating market demand for more sustainable production of meat, including public education and outreach efforts,
- Conduct on-line organizing efforts, building and supporting public outreach activities, and conducting outreach and mobilization efforts to engage members and the public in campaign activities
- Make public presentations and organize events and earned media opportunities
- Create outreach materials, content for website and online outreach activities
- Recruit, train, and lead a strong volunteer leadership team
- Represent the organizations to regional and national campaigns and coalitions
- Help fundraise to support campaign activities
- Provide support to Clean Water’s field and phone canvasses, including briefings and training materials
- Carry out other activities as directed by supervisor.
- A minimum of two years of successful professional community and on-line organizing experience, preferably in environmental, social justice or election campaigns
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing and delivering public presentations
- Cultural competence, commitment to racial justice and demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem-solve in fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Research and strong critical thinking skills; computer skills; well-organized and self-motivated
- Willing to travel within Minnesota; available for occasional evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of market campaigns and/or food systems helpful
- Knowledge of field and phone canvasses helpful
Salary is commensurate with experience. Attractive benefits package available.
Email a letter of interest and a resume to Deanna White at email@example.com. Internal candidates please notify your supervisor before applying.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.