The Center for Transportation and the Environment (CTE) is a member-supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that develops, promotes, and implements advanced transportation technologies, vehicles, and fuels that reduce environmental pollution and fossil fuel dependency. CTE is a passionate, progressive workplace open to employee-driven ideas and opportunities. CTE is based in Atlanta, Georgia with offices in St. Paul, Berkeley, and Los Angeles.
This job opportunity is located in the St. Paul, MN office.
CTE’s mission is to improve the health of our climate and communities by bringing people together to develop and commercialize clean, efficient, and sustainable transportation technologies. Since 1993, CTE has managed a portfolio of over $530 million in team research, development, and demonstration projects. We’ve helped over 200 US companies move their technologies into the global energy and transportation mainstream. Currently, CTE is heavily involved in the deployment of electric vehicles across the U.S. CTE works closely with vehicle manufacturers, component providers, and fleet operators, including transit agencies and logistics organizations across the country. To learn more about CTE, please visit .
CTE is seeking an entry-level Associate to directly support medium and heavy-duty electric vehicle projects. CTE’s battery electric and fuel cell vehicle projects involve managing planning, construction, vehicle design and manufacturing oversight tasks, as well as monitoring and reporting on project performance. Prior experience with zero-emission vehicles is not needed, but attention to detail and the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously are key.
· Work effectively as a part of a team
· Maintain a strong attention to detail
· Support multiple projects simultaneously, including developing meeting minutes, tracking action items and project tasks, managing schedules, and developing progress reports
· Actively participate on assigned projects and tasks
· Assist in data management and analysis tasks, including vehicle modeling, energy modeling and performance monitoring.
· Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Develop and maintain working relationships with remote clients, partners, and stakeholders.
· Get up to speed quickly on zero-emission vehicle technologies and their applications.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Willing to travel 3-5 days per month. Some months will be more.
· Familiarity or experience with vehicle mechanics is a plus, but not a requirement for this position.
Education: Four-year degree required. This may be flexible for the right candidate.
CTE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, gender expression, marital status, HIV status, disability, or any other status protected by laws or regulations. All employment decisions are based on business need, qualifications, and merit.
How to Apply
Please submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.