Environmental Initiative is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that works with business, nonprofit, and government leaders to develop collaborative solutions to Minnesota’s
environmental problems. The organization:
- Plans and hosts events for environmental leaders from businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies to share information, network, and learn from one another.
- Facilitates conversations addressing environmental, economic, and public health issues between diverse stakeholders.
- Takes action and implements on the ground projects to improve our air, land, and water.
As a catalyst, convener, or implementer, Environmental Initiative develops innovative solutions to environmental problems with our partners. Read more about who we are on our website. Environmental Initiative is currently in a process of reorienting its organizational culture to center equity and inclusion throughout its work and operations.
Environmental Initiative builds partnerships to develop collaborative solutions to Minnesota’s environmental problems.
We envision a healthy environment, prosperous economy, and equitable society where leaders are equipped with the relationships, skills, and perspective needed to work collaboratively to solve systemic and complex environmental problems.
Better Together – Diverse perspectives create stronger, lasting solutions for our environment
Open Exchange – We authentically engage to hear all voices, find common ground, and build community
Courageous Innovation – An entrepreneurial culture filled with leaders who tackle the big problems with our partners
Outcome Focused – A solutions-minded and action-oriented ethos
Accountability – Responsible planning, management, and use of the resources entrusted to us to realize our mission
Stewardship – Improving our environment, economy, and community by seeking the best of all ideas
Environmental Initiative is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to help support a dynamic and growing nonprofit. This person will work closely with and report to Environmental Initiative’s Operations Manager, performing a variety of administrative and financial duties
while providing support across Environmental Initiative’s operations, event, program and project work.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator, has great customer service skills, is organized and can multi-task effectively, collaborates easily, is meticulous in completing tasks, and is committed to Environmental Initiative’s mission, vision, and core values.
Starting salary: $32,698 annually (full-time, salaried)
Environmental Initiative offers a comprehensive benefits package including 11 paid holidays, 20 days of PTO, medical and dental insurance, and a 403B retirement plan with employer match.
Administrative Support to Operations
- Support organization systems through data collection and data entry.
- Execute general office management tasks including supply management, office organization, preparing mailings, and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Support accounting functions including data entry of accounts payable and accounts receivable, serving as liaison to customers and vendors, issuing payments, maintaining vendor files and participating in weekly and monthly financial tasks as needed.
- Support engagement, development and fundraising functions as needed.
- Adhere to organizational document storage and filing procedures.
Administrative Support to Projects
- Research options, schedule, and arrange logistics for internal and external meetings, events, and convenings.
- Assist in event registration, preparing event materials, event set-up, staffing, and ensuring smooth execution of meetings, events, and convenings.
- Attend meetings and keep minutes for internal/project/partner meetings as requested.
- Collaborate with organizational leadership and other staff to develop and implement strategic direction for Environmental Initiative.
- Participate in staff and board dialogues and meetings.
- Follow all applicable Environmental Initiative policies and procedures, including the internal office sustainability plan.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience working in an office setting (nonprofit experience preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Bookkeeping experience (preferred)
- Experience with online database systems (preferred)
- Experience planning event logistics and event execution (preferred)
- Familiarity with Mac operating systems (preferred)
- Experience solving problems and exploring and experimenting with innovative solutions
- Aptitude for organizing, multi-tasking, and practice of time management
Submit a cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com
Attn: Brian Columbus, Operations Manager
Please specify “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your application submission.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be open until filled.
Environmental Initiative is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, past or present military status, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable protected characteristics.