The Izaak Walton League MN Division is seeking a part time (20%) Administrative Assistant to assist the Director of the Upper Mississippi River Initiative in Duluth. The Upper Mississippi
Initiative is a four-state project aimed at addressing water quality issues in the Upper Mississippi River Watershed. The program works with farmers, concerned landowners, government
agencies and non-profits to achieve stewardship of our land and waters.
* This position reports directly to the Director of the Upper Mississippi River Initiative and will be assisting them in project organization and technical support.
* Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Program Director in communication with program partner groups and the Minnesota Division staff members.
- Technological support including, but not limited to: organizing online project management platforms (google drive, basecamp, etc.), sending emails, scanning documents, organizing and streamlining existing communication practices, and updating social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram).
- Tracking recent news and upcoming events related to the project.
- Assisting with event logistics and coordination including, but not limited to: preparing power-point presentations, booking venues, coordination with event hosts, outreach for event attendance, etc.
- Writing and sharing monthly progress reports as needed by Director.
- Basic bookkeeping; tracking monthly expenses and reimbursements, filling out timesheets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the UMRI Program Director.
* Applicants must have:
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
- Excellent computer skills especially typing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to work alone with little supervision at times, and in team settings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work well with people and enjoy helping others.
* Preferred Qualities:
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Interest and background in sustainability and conservation preferred.
- Experience working in Non-profit space.
- Experience working with and coordinating among multiple stakeholders/partner groups.
- Experience with event planning and organization.
* Position location: Duluth, MN
* Office hours are flexible and will be determined upon hiring
* $15.00/ hr
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org