MNCC Seeks an Administrative Assistant
Start Date: October 18th, 2021/ASAP, will be dependent on hiring timeline, employee timeline, and potential for full-time if partnership with ReUSE MN.
Duration: One year contract with potential for extension of an additional year.
Primary tasks include:
- Increase membership revenue,
- Coordinate sponsorships of webinars and events,
- Apply for grants,
- Coordinate Plate to Garden events,
- Social Media/Newsletter/Website, and,
- Scheduling (attending and taking notes) committee meetings and board meetings.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $16,640 – $20,800/year; paid monthly,
- No PTO offered: Flexible work hours to accommodate vacation,
- Benefits: None,
- Office Supplies/Other expenses – Monthly Expense Report – Credit Card available as needed, and,
- Supervised by the MNCC Executive Committee & Board Chair – Monthly meeting prior to board meeting.
- High school diploma or equivalent,
- A passion for sustainability, education, and community building,
- Applicant provides computer, phone, and internet access – $25/month technology stipend provided,
- Effective oral and written communication skills,
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based storage software, and,
- Attend monthly Board meeting, currently held the first Thursday of each month 10am to noon.
- Knowledge of the composting process,
- Effective interpersonal and time management skills,
- Experience in organizing and working with volunteer groups,
- Experience in event planning,
- Experience in managing electronic media, such as websites, email marketing and social media, and,
- Grant writing experience and knowledge of the non-profit sectors.
How to Apply:
Provide resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on October 1st.