Whether you’re interested in a smaller native planting or want to transform your whole yard into a force for clean water in 2014, this FMR workshop can help you jumpstart your spring planning. We’ll also touch on ways to make your yard river-friendlier this winter. We will discuss:
• ways to provide sidewalk traction in winter, possibly eliminating or reducing salt runoff,
• what needs to be picked up or cleaned from yards in winter to reduce pollution,
• landscaping with native plant species,
• the proper use of lawn fertilizer,
• rain barrels,
• backyard composting,
• soil testing,
• creating a rain garden, and
• additional innovative approaches to managing stormwater.
Registration is required to attend this workshop. For more info and a link to registration, please visit this webpage.